AVF Regular

Billows with dual coil 1ohm total resistance

Tonight I set this up, learnt how to make some good coils uxing a Kuro 2mm jig, 28 Gauge kanthal A1, 12 turns approx each coil, running on an ipv2 50w, with rayon wicking (may try the japanese cotton next).

Wanted to do this setup for my steeped tobacco HoL liquids, I have been trying my different setups.

The result, vaping HoL Perique King ov Vapes, doubler no nicotine... mind blowing, throughout the output range of the ipv2 (7 - 50w). Decent vapour production, massive flavour, although this is a pipe liquid, it felt ike puffing on a good cigar, without the nasty bits.

The vapour production was not massive, it was nonetheless good. Also I reduced the amoung of rayon used slightly so as not to choke it, and played with the placement of the rayon strands. It's drinking up the juice whilst not leaking so all good.

Shout out to Steam e-cig for a few nifty bits and bobs I bought to build this, also to Ben cheers.
    Last edited by Nev D; 03-03-15 at 11:06 PM.

AVF Regular
    Using steam-engine:

Heat capacity (each coil) = 29.54 mJ/K

Heat Flux @ 7w = 31mW / mm^2

Heat Flux @ 50w = 222mW / mm^2

Comparing this to a similar 0.5 ohm total resistance setup (double the heat flux, half the heat capacity):

Heat capacity (each coil) = 14.77 mJ/K

Heat Flux @ 7w = 62mW / mm^2

Heat Flux @ 50w = 444mW / mm^2