AVF Regular

Smok Xpro M80 not firing at proper power

got my smok today, had the arctic and delta on it all day, then decided to try an RDA on it , tried 2 different RDA's one with a .33 build another with a .5 build.

if i have it set to 44-45 watts or under it fires fine, if i go OVER 45 watts it wont fire any higher than 2.7v, its advertised to work down to .1 and up to 80 watts so i dunno whats goin on, weither i got a faulty one or am i missing something.

anyone else have a simmilar issue?

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nukem View Post
    got my smok today, had the arctic and delta on it all day, then decided to try an RDA on it , tried 2 different RDA's one with a .33 build another with a .5 build.

if i have it set to 44-45 watts or under it fires fine, if i go OVER 45 watts it wont fire any higher than 2.7v, its advertised to work down to .1 and up to 80 watts so i dunno whats goin on, weither i got a faulty one or am i missing something.

anyone else have a simmilar issue?
    Have a look at the M50/65 thread I seem to remember disley and northerner having a similar issue and was something to do with the batteries they used

AVF Regular
    The M65 drops 5 watts if the device is cold.
    Once it reaches body temp it's fine.
    Why is this so?

AVF Regular
    the m80 has inbuild lipo 18650s tho so unfortunately i cant change them lol. well i have a suspicion there is quite a low amp limit which was not stated on their advertisement.. lame

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

I saw a post somewhere the other day stating something along the lines that after testing, the m80 cannot hit a true 80watts, it came out to somewhere around half of that. If this is true, Smok have a lot to answer for.

AVF Regular
    At least 2 reviewers had their m80 die after testing. i think they rushed the model to market before the CYN.
    Apparently firmware update will fix alot the problems when its released