Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Sigelei 100W plus Box Mod Review

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Sigelei 100W plus Box Mod Review

So back in the last week of January, I was reading the GearBest competition thread & posted an interest in the Sigelei 100w plus, stating I wanted to wait for a better price due the the AU-US exchange rate.
    Our GearBest representative replied & supplied a discount code in their reply as such:

Quote Originally Posted by GearBest.com View Post
    Hi Noe,
    Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for your supporting! As you say we have Sigelei 100W Plus on page, as you said the price is not so cheap on our page, actually I have a coupon code for this mod for $78.99, with the coupon 100plusxr.
    I'll make some update soon for some deals, if there is any product you're interested in, you can also ask me if I can make a cheaper price for it.
    To my understanding, the discount code still works but the price has risen by $2 US, to $80.99.
    I looked around at quite a few popular "value" vendor sites, many of them in China, including some very popular & some a little more obscure and found this to be the best price for this device.
    For example, one very well known Chinese vendor, popular with vapers , has the Sigelei 100w plus listed at $87.58 US, so the price with code from GearBest is very competitive.

I chose the free shipping option, with Singapore Post, it took 17 days to arrive to me in WA, from the date I was told it was shipped.
    For a free shipping option, I found this to be a little quicker than I expected, having used other Chinese vendors & using Singapore post service, typically I have come to expect 21 to 28 days for delivery.
    So I don't know if GearBest has some kind of magic wand they waved over my package or not but I was pleasantly surprised in the speed of delivery.
    I will be testing out this same "speedy" delivery, with this vendor again in future.
    I have now had the Sigelei for almost 2 weeks.

The packaging was a simple, white, bubble wrap lined envelope, as seen in the pic.
    I found it was adequate, I would have liked to have seen an extra layer of bubble wrap wrapped around the product, for a bit of extra protection but it arrived undamaged, with the unit's packaging not crushed or broken, as seen below.
    For a relatively expensive unit such as this, an extra layer of bubble wrap could potentially save a DOA return. Accidents do happen during shipping and a few cents, for an added layer of bubble wrap, may make all the difference in a unit being damaged or not.
    So GearBest if you read this, please take this into consideration.

When unboxing, I found the Sigelei instruction manual, warranty card & the Sigelei 100W plus itself, in a factory sealed cellophane bag.
    After removing the bag, the protective silicone cover was already around the Sigelei, which I removed to reveal the mod & immediately inspected the 510 connection, which has a copper or copper plated, spring loaded positive pin, as can be seen.

Aesthetically, there is not a lot to this mod, it is quite plain looking, with a couple of wavy lines on the front, some beveled edges & no logos or branding on the outside of the box.
    The beveled edges, allow it to sit in your hand more comfortably, though with the silicone sleeve on, you don't notice this feature but the sleeve adds an extra level of comfort of its own.
    Opening the battery cover is quick & easy, it is held on by 4 magnets & when closed sits flush with the rest of the box. On the base edge of the battery cover, there is a tab which fits into the bottom edge of the mod itself, to allow for easy lifting of the cover & it is machined to fit with a good tolerance.
    The base has plenty of holes to allow for battery venting.
    With the spring loaded 510 connection, all my atomisers sit flush on the mod, there are no channels cut to allow air flow for bottom air intake atomisers but I don't think it needs them.
    Most vapers interested in this, likely will want to use RDA/RTAs or a large clearomiser with adjustable airflow.

While installing the batteries, I checked the chip used by first inserting 1 battery, then holding down the fire button while inserting the other battery, this revealed that it is using a YiHi SX330 v1.2 chip.
    This chip is widely regarded as being very good & reliable.
    When installing batteries, there is a ribbon which should be used under one, then around & under the other, to make removing the batteries easier.
    Although the two top battery contacts are spring loaded, the batteries sit in the sled quite tightly & the ribbon makes removing the batteries a breeze.

pic quality may not be very good here, since I had to be quick to pick up, point & shoot the camera but this is showing the chip used.

With the batteries installed & no atomiser fitted to the mod, the screen first comes up with the Sigelei logo, you then have to click the fire button 5 times in 2 seconds to switch it on(it does this if an atomiser is fitted too). It then displays the wattage setting you have selected, 0.00 volts, the % of battery power remaining & 1.0 ohms, if you click the fire button with no atomiser attached, the screen displays "Check Atomizer".
    With an atomiser fitted, it displays your wattage setting, the applied voltage, remaining battery power & the ohms of your coil, if no coil is fitted or if the coil has popped, it will read the same as for no atomiser attached.

When switching the Sigelei back on or after re-installing batteries, the Sigelei will remember the wattage you had it set to.
    Everything is displayed on the screen without the need to flip through various menus, the up & down buttons have "+" & "-" stamped into them, this means the markings will not wear off over time. The firing button is nice & clicky, large & easy to find, even with the silicone cover on the mod.

You can lock the device by pressing & holding the + & - buttons together, the screen will display "lock", if you now press the fire button, the screen will display "please unlock!", to unlock press & hold the + & - buttons again.
    What I find easier though is simply to turn the mod off by clicking the fire button 5 times in 2 seconds & then clicking 5 times again to turn the mod back on, this essentially serves the same purpose but has the advantage of saving battery power too.
    I tested this on two consecutive nights, the first night when I went to bed, I left the Sigelei in stand -by mode, when I came back in the morning, the remaining battery power(%) had decreased, the next night I switched the device off, when i came back & switched the device back on, there was no loss of remaining battery power(%).

To get 100Watts out of this device, you will need to use batteries rated at or above 16A continuous, as it will fire with the battery power as low as 6.4V.
    It uses "stacked" or series battery configuration, which with 2 fully charged batteries is 4.2v + 4.2v = 8.4v, at below 6.4v(3.2v per battery) the device will shut itself off to protect the batteries.
    In my testing, I did not fire the device above 80watts, since I was only using batteries rated at 10A continuous & then I only tested briefly with battery power at 100%.
    Even at 64w (the safe low(%) limit for my batteries), the power was too much for any of my RDA/RTA builds, giving instant dry hits.

I eventually settled on using my Veritas clone RDA, with a 1.2ohm coil at 17w for the bulk of my testing, using Panasonic 2900mah 10A continuous batteries.
    I feel as long as you don't plan to use this device above 60W, 10A continuous are safe batteries to use.
    Note: For battery safety, you should only use paired batteries in this device. That is, the batteries are used together as a pair since fresh & never on their own, once you have used one battery of a pair on its own, they are no longer paired. Also, when installing & re-installing from charging, you should swap positions of the batteries in the device between charges, to ensure they get even wear.

When firing the button, power is virtually instant to the coil, the power regulation is very good & consistent.
    The ohms being read is accurate, checked against my multimeter & my ohm meter.
    Battery run times are outstanding, with a fresh set of 2900mah batteries I got 5 & 1/2 days of use from the Sigelei, this was repeated on the next charge cycle.
    When the battery % on the screen gets to 20%, the device will still fire but it is at this point that I would charge your batteries, I noticed the % would start to get jumpy at or below 20%, a good indication that the batteries needed charging.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Overall, I am extremely impressed with the Sigelei 100W plus, there is very little to fault about it.
    Perhaps the wavy lines on the box may not appeal to some but I don't mind them, with the silicone cover on, you don't even notice they are there.
    Not having air channels around the 510 connection may be a con for some vapers but I feel that would be a minority, personally I prefer the clean flush look & have no use for those air channels.
    Some vapers may find it too big, especially if they have small hands, personally I have no trouble at all gripping it, it sits very comfortably in my hand.

It has more potential power than most vapers will use, certainly at 50watts maximum, this would have been more than enough for most vapers.
    The good thing about having a higher 100watt potential, is users won't be pushing the electronics too hard in normal use, which should ensure the electronic components do not burn out as quickly as they would, if you were pushing them to their maximum capability constantly.
    I would recommend it to anyone looking for a regulated dual 18650 battery device.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Nice thorough review. They are definitely a very solid and reliable mod. I've been using the original 100w daily since I got it 6 months ago and I cannot fault it, though the spring loaded 510 and more rounded form factor makes the plus even better.
    Noe and Browny like this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Nice thorough review. They are definitely a very solid and reliable mod. I've been using the original 100w daily since I got it 6 months ago and I cannot fault it, though the spring loaded 510 and more rounded form factor makes the plus even better.
    Yep the 100W is supposed to be the same unit, minus the wave pattern, beveled edges & 510 connection, I'm not 100% sure on the chip version being used for the 100W, though I believe it is a YiHi SX too.
    I read the 100W V2 has an improved 510 connection, since some vapers had a problem understanding it was a reverse threaded screw, for adjustment on the V1 & were damaging their screws but it still isn't spring loaded.
    The plus with the spring loaded 510 positive pin, makes attaching atties with varying length 510 connections a breeze, IMO it is worth paying a little more for that feature vs the 100W V2 or V1.
    The only reason someone may want to get a V2 or V1, that makes sense to me, is for the aesthetics, some people hate the waves on the plus but like I said in the review, with the silicone sleeve on, you don't notice them.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    The waves or S design actually doesn't stand out as much on the gold version, looks quite good IMO, where as it really contrasts/stands out on the black and doesn't look as good, if that makes sense.
    Noe likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

Noe
    Just an update on this device, after nearly 4 weeks of constant use.

The battery run times have not dropped off, after several charges.
    Everything is still working properly, with no unexpected hiccups.

The one minor issue I do have to report on, is the anodising under where the atties sit, is collecting a few scratch marks for screwing/unscrewing atties onto it.
    They are however unnoticeable when an atty is screwed onto the Sigelei.
    I have tried to slow these scratch marks down from appearing by using some clear nail polish on the top face of the mod but I think this has just made it look worse than it would have had I just left it.
    It's nail polish, so it will eventually flake off, no big deal & the scratches, like I said aren't visible with an atty attached.

I think Sigelei could have used an extra coat of black on this face of the mod but that would not have prevented the scratches still appearing over time.
    It's a really, really, nit picky, minor thumbs down for the device but if your OCD is really bad, it may upset you.
    For myself, I am just going to let the clear varnish flake off & live with the minor scratches, that I know are there but that can't be seen.
    Fatman and Browny like this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Oh i must be hitting either too low a build or too long a draw. 5 hours off a set of 25r's

I would cycle 3 sets a day......
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdy View Post
    Oh i must be hitting either too low a build or too long a draw. 5 hours off a set of 25r's

I would cycle 3 sets a day......
    Seriously, 5hrs?
    What are you using it for spot welding?
    The ohms of your coil will make a difference.

How long are you getting from that same atty & build on a single 18650 25R in a mech mod?
    My guess is about 1 hr.
    Burdy likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Yeah close to that. Then i can feel the batts die off. When i throw them on the charger they read about 25-30% So thats about right

And not spot welding, More TIG ;-)
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdy View Post
    Yeah close to that. Then i can feel the batts die off. When i throw them on the charger they read about 25-30% So thats about right

And not spot welding, More TIG ;-)
    Well it seems that you're getting about the same as I am in terms of efficiency out of the Sigelei, if your batts are lasting around 5 times longer in it than in a mech mod with single 18650.
    What resistance are you running, something like 0.15 ohm?
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast