Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Recomendation - Value 18650 Box Mod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Recomendation - Value 18650 Box Mod

Hi Guys,

I've a mate who wants to move from Kanger clearos on Egos to RTA's on Mods. I'm going to lend him one of my KF4 clones to try out.

He needs a regulated mod to fire it on. I vape my KF4 at 11W, 1.4ohms on my Provari P3. He's been toking on mine and reckons that that is the vape that he's after.
    He's a disciplined fellow. He has a counter app on his phone telling him how much he's saved by not smoking cigarettes and he only lets himself spend that amount on juice and vaping gear.
    He's only been vaping for 3 months, so no Provari for him He wouldn't want a Provari anyway. They're too long.

So it's a cheaper box mod. Personally, I'm recommending that he gets an 18650 mod so that he can just swap the battery out for a freshie when it runs down. Also the life of the device won't be tied to the battery.

What would you guys be recommending for him?

Cheers
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm very happy with my Sigelei 30W mini . . .. robust, can change battery out - and cheap - $39.99 usd from GearBest with Coupon - long shipping tho' - 25 days !

GearBest.com - Best E-Cigarette Deals & First GIVEAWAY For All Members!!
    flippantremark likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flippantremark View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've a mate who wants to move from Kanger clearos on Egos to RTA's on Mods. I'm going to lend him one of my KF4 clones to try out.

He needs a regulated mod to fire it on. I vape my KF4 at 11W, 1.4ohms on my Provari P3. He's been toking on mine and reckons that that is the vape that he's after.
    He's a disciplined fellow. He has a counter app on his phone telling him how much he's saved by not smoking cigarettes and he only lets himself spend that amount on juice and vaping gear.
    He's only been vaping for 3 months, so no Provari for him He wouldn't want a Provari anyway. They're too long.

So it's a cheaper box mod. Personally, I'm recommending that he gets an 18650 mod so that he can just swap the battery out for a freshie when it runs down. Also the life of the device won't be tied to the battery.

What would you guys be recommending for him?

Cheers
    For a beginner i would have suggested the istick 30w but then again he would need 2 of them while one is on charge.
    Then again, the isticks have built in batteries, meaning the whole mod needs to be put on charge.
    If going the replaceable 18650 way it will cost more to start with being batteries and charger and then mod.
    I absolutely love my IPV Mini 70w but the price may be slightly on the higher end at $90.00 but then again, buying too cheap may also mean he will again want to upgrade.
    IPV Mini [30w] is only slightly cheaper and has some useless features and the 70w version took those useless features out.

EDIT: youtube riptrippers is using the IPV Mini 70 in his last couple of rebuildable reviews, so expect a full review of the mod itself soon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8lEJIj3Nmk
    Last edited by ratsacker; 05-03-15 at 12:47 PM.
    flippantremark likes this.

AVF Regular
    i got the Dovpo gx-200 for $30 from fasttech. its a newbie semi mech mod and i love it.
    He wont beable to kill himself easliy unless he tries to eat it

that said it also has faults wont fire lower then 0.2 and has a 0.2-0.3 volt drop. so no insane cloud chasing
    it should meet most of your criteria unless you defiantly want a regulated mod.

Edit: this device can USB charge as well in case hes out and about

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1997100
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 05-03-15 at 01:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    I'd recommend a istick 50w. He won't have to worry about finding safe batteries to use, and won't have to buy a separate battery charger for the 18650's. Also means when he travels, he can just bring one small usb cable, which can also be used for in car charging.The 2 built in/non replaceable 18650's in there will have him going for days on many builds/clearos. They are fairly accurate, and a solid build.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    I'd recommend a istick 50w. He won't have to worry about finding safe batteries to use, and won't have to buy a separate battery charger for the 18650's. Also means when he travels, he can just bring one small usb cable, which can also be used for in car charging.The 2 built in/non replaceable 18650's in there will have him going for days on many builds/clearos. They are fairly accurate, and a solid build.
    I think he wanted a 18650 replaceable.
    Sure the batteries can last a day or 2, but then if he is out and the battery needs charging, it must be time for a stinkie i guess, unless he buys 2 mods
    Vaporific and flippantremark like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    18650 replaceable is my personal recommendation only, not his actual preference. It's good to see the pros and cons of replaceables vs built-ins discussed.
    Great recommendations so far guys! Thanks for your replies.

I've forwarded this thread link to him and he is lurking with interest

AVF Regular
    If he's Melbourne CBD Based - I'm on William Street / Bourke Street if you wants to take a look at the Sigelei . . . . Drop me a PM and we can arrange for tomorrow / next week ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flippantremark View Post
    18650 replaceable is my personal recommendation only, not his actual preference. It's good to see the pros and cons of replaceables vs built-ins discussed.
    Great recommendations so far guys! Thanks for your replies.

I've forwarded this thread link to him and he is lurking with interest
    A recent review by a woman of the IPV Mini 70w where she compares the size [not as mini as some but smaller than the average box]
    I heard the black version will see scratches easier so i would recommend silver.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCQuvQIA68

AVF Regular
    I have just purchased a 30w i stick and i think its great i still have my ego and clearos for when its on charge dont have to really worry about carrying batteries and get good life out of it as well ,doesnt take to log to charge back up either .50w would no doebt be better but starting to get bigger maybe start him on a 30 then if he wants to go bigger he can move to the 50w

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast