Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By J_B_86
  • 1 Post By NEDWIK

Thread: Starting point for NI200?

AVF Regular

Starting point for NI200?

Can anyone recommend a good starting point for my first NI200 coil? ID, wraps and rough guess for ohm's.. unfortunately HOV only had 25g instock so that's what i have to play with
    Going in a Magma clone on a rdna... Im not a cloud chaser either lol just after a happy medium

AVF Regular
    You are going to need a huge coil using 25g, something like this - Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Single coil, 3.5mm ID, 14/15 wraps should give you somewhere in the range of .12ohm, you may want to add another wrap or 2 in case its too low. I don't imagine it will work very well though, even at the full 40 watts it'll be slow to get going.

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate.
    first was a 2.4mm id, 13 wrap that came to .10ohm... way too close.
    now I just put a 3mm id 14mm wrap and it saying .14ohm, seems to ramp up just fine @ 200c/25w... ive just moved from a 20w istick so im pretty impressed lol

AVF Regular
    Ah yeah should be ok if you are used to fairly low wattage. Definitely try to get hold of some 28 and 30 (maybe even 32 for duals) to play around with though as you'll notice a huge difference.
    NEDWIK likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Ah yeah should be ok if you are used to fairly low wattage. Definitely try to get hold of some 28 and 30 (maybe even 32 for duals) to play around with though as you'll notice a huge difference.
    Sweet as, thanks for the tips!
    I think I should start stalking the NI200/DNA40 threads... ive got some learning to do
    J_B_86 likes this.