Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Suggestions on a new bit of kit as EGO ONE XL isn't floating my boat

Suggestions on a new bit of kit as EGO ONE XL isn't floating my boat

Heya guys

I bought a EGO ONE XL about 3 weeks ago now but it just doesn't seem to be doing it for me

I'm open to any other suggestions to try in the same sort of style

Cheers guys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bignormz View Post
    Heya guys

I bought a EGO ONE XL about 3 weeks ago now but it just doesn't seem to be doing it for me

I'm open to any other suggestions to try in the same sort of style

Cheers guys
    But but its the one device for every one lol.

There's a heap of subohm clearos around now like the sub tank, delta II and melo and more.

What is it about the ego one that's not satisfying you? That might help with suggestions.

Had quite a few issues with leaking through air flow ports and around bottom of tank. Checked them all and gone right through it to make sure I wasn't missing seals or anything.

Tank is very short and get quite a few hot splashes in back of throat of juice.

It also produces a very very wet vape like I've not had before. Lots of condensation in mouth piece. It drips out there is that much after 5-6 puffs and I've tried 4 different juices to make sure it wasn't just one.

The clouds are pretty good from it but I find I lack flavour hit from it maybe. I'm no cloud chaser I do like a 50/50 for the joys of flavour and cloud

Button is a bit dodge and sometimes even tho it lights up coil doesn't engage

Can't seem to find any other atomizer that will sit flush on the battery and looks strange and have bent a tank already due to not sitting flush

I think that's about it

I like the size n shape

I might need to go and meet ecigmodshop and see what he can hook me up with

AVF Regular
    You've had a fair bit of a grief with these ego ones mate from the sounds of things

Give the subtank series and isticks a try. Might be more your go.

I started with an ego and had similar probs go for and istick any will do but the 30 or 50 will be beter investment the do look very different to an ego but there very comfortable and poketable, go the 50 if bat life is a big deal for you. as far as tanks kanger protank 2 was my first up grade, its great and evod coils will suit it. most importantly the protank 2 will be cheep as. I havnt got one yet but sub tank mini or a lemo are next on my list as rta are realy doing it for me now but i still keep my protank 2 round for ease of use

Oh and on the days it doesn't leak standing up, as soon as I put it on its side either on the table or in its case in my bag it starts to leak. So just constantly cleaning and or wiping it down before each use.

Not sure how much juice I've lost through leakage

Super Moderator
    Really? The only time mine leaks is when I change the coil, and that's because I soak the new coil in a bath of PG for an hour to make sure it's fully primed. There's got to be something wrong with yours, o-ring missing for instance, just something.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 08-03-15 at 10:25 PM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    There's got to be something wrong with yours, o-ring missing for instance
    Think you might be on the right track there GT.

First time I went to refill my Ego One tank up I removed the base and filled up with juice and, as I normally do with all tanks, gave the coil a twist into the base before screwing it back on to make sure it was nice and tight. Did that then screwed the base back on and put it back on my mod. It was only then that I noticed this tiny little black o ring sitting on my bench.

I had to pull a new coil out of my box of spares and compare it to the coil already in the the tank to work out where the o ring had come from. Of course it had fallen off the top of the coil where it screws into the chimney and seals it.

So Bignormz, follow GT's thinking and check that all the o-rings that should be there are there. It's really easy to have one fall out and you not notice it. The only reason I knew was because it fortunately fell on the bench and not the floor.

I'll pull it apart and have another close look at it all

I did similar thing before a couple times with replacing coils and examining new coils and pics online

I'm thinking maybe it's the thread on the tank

I really appreciate all the help guys. Such a great bunch of friendly vapers on here

AVF Regular
    Post a pic of your coil and can tell real quick if an o-ring has fallen off.

As gtadmin and Nic said, the orings on the coils can fall off easy.

Don't worry about the tank itself as from what I can see, there is no orings as part of the tank and it's only solid piece, so unless it's truly a fault in the threading which I doubt (but it is possible), it has to be the oring on the coil.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast