Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: pre made coil/cotton combo for RBAs /coil tools

AVF Regular

pre made coil/cotton combo for RBAs /coil tools

im thinking of trying out some prewound/cotton wicked coils for RBA deck on subtanks, delta clearo's, kayfun clones etc

any advice? worth it? where from? pi$$ easy to use with no hot spots/legs? may as well make your own / buy a coil winder?

advice/insight on coil winders appriciated also.

thanks,

ps. i checked fasttech for the prewound coils, but couldnt see any. i swear i hae before tho.

AVF Regular
    Just make your own. Cheaper and it'll be better when you get used to building.

AVF Regular
    Check this sticky out by one of our members Rebuild Pictorial (Kanger Coil) very help full on basic coil building
    I Squonk therefore I vape

AVF Regular
    i find it very fiddly and frustrating making coils.

would a coil tool help?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDOTJ View Post
    Just make your own. Cheaper and it'll be better when you get used to building.
    cost doesnt concern me. i change coils once a week, and currently using authentic kanger coils. if i can use the pre wound coils on the rba deck it will still work out to be much much cheaper for me
    IvanDOTJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oznewbie View Post

would a coil tool help?
    Try out kuro coilers. They're easy to use, one of my mates got a set. And yeah perfect coils every time. But yeah its not My thing I prefer to go through the process of building.
    thunderlips likes this.

AVF Regular
    Fasttech do sell coils already done in different sizes/ohms, they don't do any that are wicked with cotton though from what I can see the only wicked ones they do are silica I think.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalork View Post
    Fasttech do sell coils already done in different sizes/ohms, they don't do any that are wicked with cotton though from what I can see the only wicked ones they do are silica I think.
    Has anyone tried these yet? Any feedback?

I've still got quite a few Vivi Nova tanks which, I'm led to believe, are no longer made so I'm looking around to find substitute coiled wicks (my eyesight isn't the greatest for coiling, nor is the tactility in my fingers oh, the joys of ageing!). The 2.8ohms ones on Fasttech seem to fit the bill, but are they fit for purpose?

I was also thinking this 2.8ohms 'model' could also be used on my Protank IIs. 'Til now I've been dry burning them after cleaning and I always replace the two flavour wicks with fresh ones (2 x 1mm thick silica strands). But, as with all things, there'll come a time when the coiled wicks will need replacing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oznewbie View Post

would a coil tool help?
    Hell yes I just got a set of kuro concepts coil winders from house of vape and so easy, had a bit of a fiddle to see how they work then went to steam coil calculator page and did it!! I did previously watch a couple of YouTube video. And it was sooo easy!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Has anyone tried these yet? Any feedback?

I've still got quite a few Vivi Nova tanks which, I'm led to believe, are no longer made so I'm looking around to find substitute coiled wicks (my eyesight isn't the greatest for coiling, nor is the tactility in my fingers — oh, the joys of ageing!). The 2.8ohms ones on Fasttech seem to fit the bill, but are they fit for purpose?

I was also thinking this 2.8ohms 'model' could also be used on my Protank IIs. 'Til now I've been dry burning them after cleaning and I always replace the two flavour wicks with fresh ones (2 x 1mm thick silica strands). But, as with all things, there'll come a time when the coiled wicks will need replacing.
    Your rebuilding the Vivi Nova coils? Also I thought I read the CE5/CE6 clearo coils fit Vivi Nova's and if that's the case you can still buy them at many places. Also thought of trying a coil winding jig of some sort, a lot of us with bad hands/fingers do and there's certainly no shame in it. I use jigs when I need to and a big magnifying standing lamp with my reading glasses on also so I can see the dang lil things.

From what I have read the quality of the fasttech pre-wound coils seems fairly consistent and decent, they certainly are cheap enough. Why not just try some and see how you go, though to protect insulators I think the NR-R-NR types would maybe be a better idea. BUt yep they have pre-wound coils and/or pre-wound coils already wicked.

Or they do replacement heads ready to just screw on and your done, not very much more and saves you all that fiddling.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast