Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kanger Subtank with 1.2ohm coils

AVF Regular

Kanger Subtank with 1.2ohm coils

How do the 1.2ohm coils stand up? I'm going to give my missus my old provari2 and wanted to find a clearo that would suit it. Obviously the Provari wont fire the 0.5 coils but the 1.2 coils are an option. She'll be limited to 15watts but she's generally vaping cartos and clearos at 10ish watts anyway.

So for anyone that's used these 1.2ohms on the subtank, is 15watts enough power for them?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    i personally don't think 15w is enough for the occ 1.2 ohm coils... i tried it on my P3 and i had to crank it to 19w but still not enough but i guess that's just me...
    if i were you i'd forget about the kanger subtank and get the beyond vape SILO tank and buy your missus a heap of Aspire nautilus BVC coils...
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDOTJ View Post
    i personally don't think 15w is enough for the occ 1.2 ohm coils... i tried it on my P3 and i had to crank it to 19w but still not enough but i guess that's just me...
    if i were you i'd forget about the kanger subtank and get the beyond vape SILO tank and buy your missus a heap of Aspire nautilus BVC coils...
    Thanks for the feedback.

BVC coil tastes a bit muted for my liking. The fact the subtank comes with a rebuildable section is why i want to get her one. I'll be able to make coils for and teach her how to rewick when she runs out of regular coils. I guess if she wants more power she can get an istick or something.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

BVC coil tastes a bit muted for my liking. The fact the subtank comes with a rebuildable section is why i want to get her one. I'll be able to make coils for and teach her how to rewick when she runs out of regular coils. I guess if she wants more power she can get an istick or something.
    Fair enough man give that a go! make sure it's the subtank mini (22mm) so it sits somewhat flush With the p2.5. That's if you have the flat top ring for it, if not get the nano (18mm).

AVF Regular
    Man im using an istick 20w.
    With mbv gawry4. 50/50. 6 sausage. At 7w and it's crap. Vapor. Taste.

Ego one is far better imo

What am i doing wrong?

AVF Regular
    vaping at 7w would be a start, 1.2 coil would struggle to fire at that low wattage.

Edit: the 1.2 ohm coil as printed on the coil recommends 12-25w

Edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    How do the 1.2ohm coils stand up? I'm going to give my missus my old provari2 and wanted to find a clearo that would suit it. Obviously the Provari wont fire the 0.5 coils but the 1.2 coils are an option. She'll be limited to 15watts but she's generally vaping cartos and clearos at 10ish watts anyway.

So for anyone that's used these 1.2ohms on the subtank, is 15watts enough power for them?
    uugh i just refilled the tank give me a few hours ill swap to the 1.2 coil and see what its like at 15w how thick is the juice she vapes 50/50 ?
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 17-03-15 at 09:30 PM.

AVF Regular
    I have custard in my sub tank mini, and the taste is ok.
    I have coffee in my Silo Tank with Nautilus BVC coils and the taste is very good.
    I tried my subtank with a 1.2ohm coil on the istick 30watt, it works well at 23watts and the taste is poor to average.
    Last edited by disley; 17-03-15 at 09:36 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oznewbie View Post
    Man im using an istick 20w.
    With mbv gawry4. 50/50. 6 sausage. At 7w and it's crap. Vapor. Taste.

Ego one is far better imo

What am i doing wrong?
    Try cracking the wattage up a bit more mate. Might help...

Super Moderator
    Browny likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I just put in the 1.2 it works fine at 15w, needs to be a thin juice 50/50, im getting dry hits on my 35/65 (PG/VG)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast