Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I want do lower ohm builds

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I want do lower ohm builds

I have been vaping @ .5 @ 30w for a couple months now and I'm comfortable with building coils. According to the steam calculator my Samsung 25r should handle .3 ohms.

Whats a cheap mech mod with a side button? All I care about is that it has a side button and can handle a .3ohm coil (can't all mech mods handle any build?)

Would this be ok? https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...mechanical-mod Or is it a pipe bomb?

What's a good Dripper for cloud chasing? I already have a cartel stillaire (clone I think) which is pretty good.

Any help is as always much appreciated

AVF Regular
    your an idiot.
    steve.c likes this.

Can't say much about a side button, i like the standard layout on my mechs. As for a dripper for chasing, I've only got a few but the build seems to affect the vape production more than anything. Pretty limited experience on my part so far but my orchid at 0.2 has damned near the same clouds as any dripper i have at 0.18 (is the lowest I've gone cause the ol' sonys get real hot after a couple of seconds pulling. Lots of people recommend modding the airflow etc for better results so might be worth researching anything that can be done on what you have already. I see rip trippers raves about the tugboat but i find myself disagreeing with him more and more as i get better at the whole thing...
    The dignity of truth is lost with much protesting

Super Moderator
    If your batteries are getting real hot, you have a problem. You have a short somewhere, or you are seriously over-stressing the battery.
    Midlife and Browny like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

I think that's the issue so it's kept to the side as a novelty. When i started out the cloud chasing really appealed though now I'm more interested in something comfortable i can sit with, but i take all the precautions i can if i ever do it, even with my lowest build which can easily be considered by some real hardcore nuts as pretty high.
    0.18ohm with a full battery (which drops 0.6 through my atty) runs to about 20a which should be safe enough for few seconds on a vtc4
    Last edited by amadour; 16-03-15 at 08:25 PM.

Super Moderator
    Brand new battery, which hasn't been abused? Perhaps. A battery that's been compromised (as witnessed by the temperature increase)? Never.

Parallel up some top notch batteries if that's what you want to do.
    giruvian, Fatman, Midlife and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    If you insist on going low get a noob friendly mech mod to start with,
    Dovpo gx-200 will fire to 0.2 its dual 18650 and has enough safety you wont be able to kill yourself unless you try and eat it
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks for the replies.

@gtadmin Was a brand new battery when i started on it an only gets used very infrequently. Sits in a nemesis and is checked regularly. Have considered a parallel battery setup but like i say, not as interested any more. Completely understand those who still are though

Super Moderator
    I'm not trying to persuade people away from sub-ohming, that is useless when people are hellbent on doing it. I'm trying to ensure that if you do it, you do it safely and I believe you really need dual, parallel, quality 18650s to have some form of safety.

I have a battery pack on my electric bicycle that is capable of 525A peak (15Ah 35C) ... but I have never pulled more than 80A. I want that added level of safety for something that sits between my legs.

Each of these packs are 12.6V @ 575A peak

Last edited by gtadmin; 16-03-15 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added pic
    D1git, Midlife and Browny like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast