Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Nautilus doesnt work. HELP!?!

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    269

    Nautilus doesnt work. HELP!?!

    Hi everyone, i am confused and could really do with some advise and suggestions

    i bought a used nautilus from the classifieds and gave it a clean at the same time as my other tanks. i put a new coil in and filled up the tank tried to fire it and 0.0 ohms, got the same reading from the ohm meter, doesnt register, ok put in a new coil, still 0.0. maybe bad coil pack i thought. so i check and yup authentic nautilus coil, i put the same coils in the silo to check each one and worked fine lovely 1.8ohms.

    took apart the nautilus, made sure it was dry, double checked all the connections, everything looked good,

    checked the coils in the nautilus mini, worked great.

    try a different battery, nothing,

    tried a 510/ego adapter with a 510 spring connector. again nothing worked.

    5 coils from 3 boxes and different sellers and still doesnt work.

    does it need a new connector and insulator?

    any ideas or advise welcome.

    thanks for reading
    Gremlin
    Petition to Legalise Nicotine Sales in Australia:- https://www.change.org/p/australian-...es-for-eliquid

    WA has banned vaping equipment being sold, please give your support to help fight this decision.

    Donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/Ecigs-Our-Right-to-Choose

    Petition here: https://www.change.org/p/wa-health-m...e-legalise-pvs


  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Marrickville NSW
    Posts
    2,949
    It sounds like it's not making contact.
    Try screwing the pin in the base of the atty out until it shows sticking out a little.
    Then reinstall the atty and see if it's making contact.
    Gremlin and Dalork like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,424
    sounds like its grounding out on something.

    check the 510 pin, if its not straight, extruding to far or 2 recessed it will short.
    Its normal resting position should be slightly above the outer ring of the 510.

    Coils can short on the base, check the coil leads near the air holes (white grommet base of the coil)
    threads on the naut can warp easily check them to see if theres issues (threading/crud)
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 18-03-15 at 07:41 AM.
    Gremlin likes this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,054
    What the guys said. In the bottom of your Nauti you'll see the pin that's supposed to make contact with your device. Tease it out a mil or so by putting a micro screwdriver in the side and edging it out. If you tease it out further than needed, don't worry, it'll push back in to the required length when you screw it in to your device
    Gremlin likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,128
    steve.c and Gremlin like this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicaholic View Post
    Lol! Dude, where do you get those gifs dammit!
    Gremlin and Nicaholic like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,128
    steve.c, Gremlin and Timm4h like this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Marrickville NSW
    Posts
    2,949
    Let us know if it helped.
    Gremlin likes this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    269
    Hi guys, thanks for the taking the time to help me i will be emptying the tank tonight when i get home and taking it all apart to check everything again.


    Hi disley, i tried this and teased out the contact and no luck. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    It sounds like it's not making contact.
    Try screwing the pin in the base of the atty out until it shows sticking out a little.
    Then reinstall the atty and see if it's making contact.

    hi Hoofprint, the pin looks straight, not sure about the leads or grommet, couldnt see them clearly, but it looked ok after i cleaned everything, will take it all apart again tonight, will post what happens. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    sounds like its grounding out on something.

    check the 510 pin, if its not straight, extruding to far or 2 recessed it will short.
    Its normal resting position should be slightly above the outer ring of the 510.

    Coils can short on the base, check the coil leads near the air holes (white grommet base of the coil)
    threads on the naut can warp easily check them to see if theres issues (threading/crud)

    hi steve.c, yeah that didnt work will keep trying tho, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    What the guys said. In the bottom of your Nauti you'll see the pin that's supposed to make contact with your device. Tease it out a mil or so by putting a micro screwdriver in the side and edging it out. If you tease it out further than needed, don't worry, it'll push back in to the required length when you screw it in to your device
    Petition to Legalise Nicotine Sales in Australia:- https://www.change.org/p/australian-...es-for-eliquid

    WA has banned vaping equipment being sold, please give your support to help fight this decision.

    Donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/Ecigs-Our-Right-to-Choose

    Petition here: https://www.change.org/p/wa-health-m...e-legalise-pvs


  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,054
    Bummer. Ok whover sold it to you should, in al fairness refund then. Its the tank thats faulty as youve already tested the coil elswhere.
    disley and Gremlin like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:44 AM.