Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Bangers&Mash
  • 1 Post By Bangers&Mash

Thread: Is this 18650 Battery Revolution?

AVF Regular

Is this 18650 Battery Revolution?

So I've been following an interesting battery series on the Pegasus Vapor Academy YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pegasus1337

There are two excellent series one is called the The Straight Volt and the other is called The Amp Hour.

Both very interesting and informative. The guy who owns the channel has tested several name batteries to see what the "real" performance is compared to the "stated" spec performance of particular battery's ( all graphed results). As far as me covering what has been talked about in said videos it's far to much to condense and I wouldn't and couldn't do the series justice.

The YouTuber added a new video yesterday about the potential of getting access do particular battery's (as a groupbuy) that aren't available to the general public.

He will be getting samples and then running a series of tests to make sure that the battery's do what they say they do.

THE 18650 BATTERY REVOLUTION IS HERE

I'd be interested to know what you all think.
    Last edited by Bangers&Mash; 19-03-15 at 05:56 PM.
    disley, Kaoself and Danyel Geelong like this.

AVF Regular
    very interesting watch!

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

AVF Regular
    I've been watching it too, I'll be interested to see what he comes up with..............

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nukem
    very interesting watch!
    You should watch the two series I mentioned in the OP, very educational. You won't regret it, I know I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    I've been watching it too, I'll be interested to see what he comes up with..............
    Me too! From what I've read in the comments below so far, looks like possibly

1. Samsung 30Q
    2. Some sort of white LG

I especially like how they go into internal resistance and how that relates to and effects batteries. What I also like is that this guy is going out of his way to question the legitimacy of whats available, and make contacts with manufactures to make sure that the public is getting legit products, products that do what they say they do, not rewraps and inferior products.

The great thing that will come out of this, is the fact that we will have access to the latest battery technology available for our purposes.
    Last edited by Bangers&Mash; 19-03-15 at 10:39 PM.
    Kaoself likes this.

Yes - a great watch. I now know 1000% more about batteries than before I watched.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lady Bracknell: Do you vape?
    Jack: Well, Lady Bracknell, I am bound to say, yes, I do vape.
    Lady Bracknell: That is well. A man should always have an occupation.

The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde