Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: @@HELP!!!!!@@@ My vapouriser coil isnt GLOWING RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    Are you firing it with just the coil no wick.
    How do you know what resistance the coil is?
    Post a photo of your coil

Cheers
    Midlife
    I use a multimeter to measure the resistance of my coi and yes I am firing it up with no wick, it just releases smoke that smells cancerousWIN_20150321_200048.jpg (sorry for sh*t quality)

Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    I strongly reccomend that you get a cheap regulated device to start with; isticks are a great choice.

But again that being said:
    Yeah 1.8ohms of 26 on a mech you won't get good performance on it. There is too little heat generated to heat the coil properly. 1.8ohm on a fully charged battery will give you around 8W of power which isn't enough to heat the coil properly because of its size. Still I'm still surprised it won't glow red at least a bit

As well what battery are you using? Each one can only provide so much current and so you can only go so low on the resistance (read up on ohms law if you aren't familiar)
    The battery i'm currently using is a NCR18650

My

AVF Regular
    Have you got two coils in there

Have you got two coils in there
    Yes I have 2 coils in there, with 16 wraps each

AVF Regular
    Ok I would suggest that you read up on ohms law before trying to go any further.

If you used a multi meter to measure the resistance of one coil and then you fit two coils what happens to the over all resistance of your build.
    If you cant answer that then you are out of your depth atm

And then if you still want to use this atty then get yourself some 30 or 32 gauge kanthal and start again.

Cheers
    Midlife

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sambui1996 View Post
    Yes I have 2 coils in there, with 16 wraps each
    Not way you will get that running on a mech. Try a 1ohm single coil. You can use this tool to calculate how many wraps that is Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    Also make sure you are getting an accurate reading with your multimeter.....make sure it's accurate that low and you are taking into account contact resistance/lead resistances.

Also agree with midlife as above...if you don't understand what happens with parallel coils stop this moment and educate yourself then get a regular device. Mechs are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    Not way you will get that running on a mech. Try a 1ohm single coil. You can use this tool to calculate how many wraps that is Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    Also make sure you are getting an accurate reading with your multimeter.....make sure it's accurate that low and you are taking into account contact resistance/lead resistances.
    So it's because of a poor coil build that my mech mod seems to be producing these fumes?

AVF Regular
    The fumes you are getting is probably machine oil and crud in the atty that is just getting hot enough to fume but not hot enough to burn off.

After reading up about ohms law clean your atty properly before trying a new build.

Cheers
    Midlife

The fumes you are getting is probably machine oil and crud in the atty that is just getting hot enough to fume but not hot enough to burn off.

After reading up about ohms law clean your atty properly before trying a new build.

Cheers
    Midlife
    But the thing is, my atomizer is brand new? EDIT: everything I have is brand new.

AVF Regular
    Brand new but is it clean ?

You still haven't told us what the resistance of you total build is

Cheers
    Midlife

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast