Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: @@HELP!!!!!@@@ My vapouriser coil isnt GLOWING RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry @@HELP!!!!!@@@ My vapouriser coil isnt GLOWING RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey GUYS, so recently my girlfriend bought me a Colonial Mod, with the matching RDA! Kanthal Resistance Wire from vapoureyes.com.au
    She bought it for me so I could stop smoking.
    So what I found out is that when i made my coil, it didnt seem to glow bright red like in the tutorials did, but it actually started to create these fumes that smell like sh*t. Not sure what the problem is since I'm a first time vapor (and obviously she doesnt know aswell)

AVF Regular
    Do yourself a favour, put that Colonial Mod into a drawer for future use. Buy yourself a iStick 30W and a Subtank mini. Quit smoking....
    JenJ, Vaporific, Davi and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If you are a first time vaper a mechincal mod is not the best way to go. Better to start with a regulated device.
    A mech mod has no electronics that control the current sent to the coil; it just dumps the battery. There is no mechanism to prevent too much current flowing if you have a short...and that can lead to the battery venting/mod exploding. This makes them unsafe unless you know what you are doing. They also can only apply whatever voltage the battery supplies.
    A regulated one has electronics inside that adjust the voltage applied to the coil based on the resistance and your settings. This allows you to use a wide array of coils
    That being said did you have anyway of checking what the resistance is of the coil you made? What gauge kanthal was it?
    Last edited by nanokatz; 21-03-15 at 07:28 PM.

I don't want to do that. But possibly answer regarding my question I have asked?

It's a 26 gauge kanthal, where as the resistance of my coil is 1.8 ohms

AVF Regular
    Are you firing it with just the coil no wick.
    How do you know what resistance the coil is?
    Post a photo of your coil

Cheers
    Midlife
    Raziel likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sambui1996 View Post
    I strongly reccomend that you get a cheap regulated device to start with; isticks are a great choice.

But again that being said:
    Yeah 1.8ohms of 26 on a mech you won't get good performance on it. There is too little heat generated to heat the coil properly. 1.8ohm on a fully charged battery will give you around 8W of power which isn't enough to heat the coil properly because of its size. Still I'm still surprised it won't glow red at least a bit

As well what battery are you using? Each one can only provide so much current and so you can only go so low on the resistance (read up on ohms law if you aren't familiar)
    Kaoself likes this.

AVF Regular
    26 gauge at 1.8ohms would be 16 wraps for 1 coil the heat capacity would be around 67.21 mJ.
    Edit: if its a 2mm coil it would be 18 wraps
    Of course it wont get red you would be lucky if it fires at all
    Kaoself likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    26 gauge at 1.8ohms would be 16 wraps for 1 coil the heat capacity would be around 67.21 mJ.
    Edit: if its a 2mm coil it would be 18 wraps
    Of course it wont get red you would be lucky if it fires at all
    Sorry I misread the post.

Have you got any vapers near to your location that you can meet up with and get a bit of a hands on tutorial.

When I first started with rebuildables I bought ready made coils while I practised.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 21-03-15 at 07:48 PM.
    Fatman likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hey GUYS, so recently my girlfriend bought me a Colonial Mod, with the matching RDA! Kanthal Resistance Wire from vapoureyes.com.au
    She bought it for me so I could stop smoking.
    So what I found out is that when i made my coil, it didnt seem to glow bright red like in the tutorials did, but it actually started to create these fumes that smell like sh*t. Not sure what the problem is since I'm a first time vapor (and obviously she doesnt know aswell)
    1. If you're starting out, don't jump into rebuildables. Start with clearo or cartos as it may suite you better.
    2. your problem with the smell is a poor coil build. You need to learn the basics and using 26 gauge isn't where you need to start.

Go and watch some tutorials eg igetcha69, toddsreviews, pbusardo and in particular their 'learning to coil' vids. Start at 32-30 guage with some silica to get the basics first then progress to microcoils and cotton etc if it suits. Also read up on ohms law for a bit of background on voltage/power/current/resistance
    Fatman and Midlife like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast