Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By ravingham91

Thread: Clone dna 30 shorting concerns

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Clone dna 30 shorting concerns

My dna 30 clone just has a small screw in the 510 connector that can be removed completely. Recently whenever my atty was screwed in it would not fire and would display the "check atomizer" error message. So I adjusted the screw and everything was working great for awhile.

Now though When I fire my mod it only fires for a few seconds then will cut out. I can see the voltage reader on the display flickering from 4v (or what ever I have it set to) to 0 really fast and the my mod will stop firing.

I have decided to stop using the device for now as I would like to get some input from some more experienced AVF members and I don't want to short the device or worse.

After some searching I read that the problem could be the 510 threading being to flush/snug?

Anyway does anyone have a suggestions on how to resolve the issue? Is it safe to keep using it? (I'm using a Samsung 25r)
    Last edited by Fatman; 26-03-15 at 03:16 PM.

Is it your DNA30 that's shorting or the atty? I had that issue on a Nautilus tank shorting and it turned out to be a damaged rubber insulator on the atty base. It only showed as I tightened the atty on the DNA30. Other mods were ok, but the DNA30 510 connector was a bit more shallow than other batteries. I'd suggest use something else until you get it resolved.

Super Moderator
    Amended title to accurately represent the problem , I think its important when talking about something with a proprietary name ( such as DNA"whatever" which denotes an Evolv product by the trademark) that members using a copy of that product accurately reflect the problem they are having is in a clone rather than with the real deal .
    its a bit like tasting plain wrap cola then posting that "Coke!" is giving you indigestion
    Its a small thing , but it should be addressed now and then
    bk_renesis and luntingsir like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Crap sorry Fatman didn't think about that! I didn't mean to give a bad impression of a real company. The device is a clone called "hotcig" from I assume fast tech if anyone was wondering.

And sweetfa I think it's the mod that might be shorting as both atty's I have tried have had the same issue. And it doesn't actually display the error message "short" or "check atty" it just stops firing. Like I said I'm too nervous to keep using it until I can fix the issue and know it's safe to use.
    Fatman likes this.