Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AW IMR Stop working

AVF Regular

AW IMR Stop working

Hey Guys;

I have a couple of AW IMR 18490s that I use in my mechs (nothing low....lowest i've ever gone is 0.6 usually 0.8+) for less than two months.
    They had been working fine until tonight. I tried to put one back on the charger and the charger wouldn't register it. It showed ~3.55V with my multimeter. Eventually it started charging but charged must faster than normal. After it showed ~4.1V. I tried it in my mech but it doesn't do anything.

I'm assuming the battery is dead/ damaged at this point but I see no damage/change from the other one.

Is this a common thing? for a battery to just give up the ghost like this?

AVF Regular
    That's wierd man! Ive had mine for 5 months now and no problems what so ever. Where did you buy it?

AVF Regular
    got it from supersports so I'm sure its on the up and up

AVF Regular
    hmmm very intresting. Maybe it's the charger?:S

AVF Regular
    suppose its possible....but it's a nightcore i2 so again good name
    I haven't had a problem with the other AW IMR or my samsung 25Rs

I was thinking of grabbing some more batteries anyway but this is still strange

AVF Regular
    wouldn't hurt to let him know supersports, he might be able to help

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by akef38 View Post
    wouldn't hurt to let him know supersports, he might be able to help
    I did just that and he's going to replace it...I love our vendors here!

He couldn't really explain it as he's guess would have been over discharged but that wasn't the case with me so unless it was my charger must have been a bit of a dud. He did say he hadn't had it happen with an AW before though

Super Moderator
    *girly sigh* supersports is my hero
    Fatman, Midlife, nanokatz and 1 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Use the Samsung 25R for your mech. And use the IMR for VV or VW. Anyway, if that's the first battery die on you, well allow me to be the first to tell you that mech that makes the clouds that we all, including yourself proud is using a hell of a lot more power than most battery powered devices.

Don't keep trying to charge if it doesn't work. If you're not happy for whatever reason take it back or just buy another one of the many in your vaping future . Dispose and get rid of it properly. I like your story that the battery died - and nothing or no one else did. Cause they can take a few things with them if they get upset. It's a very safe battery probably letting u know that it's time to say good bye to it and SuperSports may continue being a super hero too
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSteam View Post
    Use the Samsung 25R for your mech. And use the IMR for VV or VW. Anyway, if that's the first battery die on you, well allow me to be the first to tell you that mech that makes the clouds that we all, including yourself proud is using a hell of a lot more power than most battery powered devices.

Don't keep trying to charge if it doesn't work. If you're not happy for whatever reason take it back or just buy another one of the many in your vaping future . Dispose and get rid of it properly. I like your story that the battery died - and nothing or no one else did. Cause they can take a few things with them if they get upset. It's a very safe battery probably letting u know that it's time to say good bye to it and SuperSports may continue being a super hero too

Uh no it doesn't....a mech will use less than a vw for the same build/voltage, because a vw has more losses due to the controllers. If you had read my post you would have seen I am not going down low on my builds typically no lower than 0.8. Don't assume because I use a mech I push my batteries as hare as I can.

And yes I'm not using it.,as soon as I saw what was happening it went in a case to be disposed of properly.
    Last edited by nanokatz; 27-03-15 at 06:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast