Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mrjinks

Thread: Lemo RTA fixes for niggly issues

Lemo RTA fixes for niggly issues

Now, I love the vape I get from my Lemos, but there is no denying there have been a few hiccups along the way. They are a well-designed device but a bit cheaply made, causing a little frustration for the unwary. Here are a few minor tweaks that I made that someone might find useful.

The fill screw.
    I own several Lemos, both full sized and Drops. The fill screw on all except the newest one have rusted. I was pretty annoyed. Only ever had cheap FT clones rust and they just got thrown out, but as Id already bought several Lemos I needed a solution.

I started using the silicon washer with the plug on it instead. Took several goes in the ultrasonic to get the rust off the actual atty, but all good now. This also makes refilling a lot easier.

Random dry hits.
    Id been merrily vaping away on my Lemos for a while when they all started randomly dry hitting. After many iterations of recoiling, and rewicking, I tried changing the o-ring at the top of the chimney to a thicker one. Makes it more difficult to assemble, but works like a charm. Worth trying if youre having issues with dry hits. Link to the o-rings I used: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1536600

Jumping resistance.
    I noticed after using these for a while that the resistance on some would start jumping for no apparent reason. After mucking around with retightening everything, I just used the good old MVP pin fix. Took the 510 screw out, put in an additional insulator, popped the pin back in, and all good. Must be a short somewhere. I used a slice off a protank coil insulator as I have heaps of these lying around.

Now, Im sure some reading this are wondering why go to all this trouble when you can just buy something high end that wont have all these issues. Like I said, the vape from them is phenomenal and for me it is well worth it.

Im not convinced that every high end device doesnt have a potential for problems, and Im less willing at this point to fork out $190 for an atty that I may or may not like. Even though I could probably afford to. Most charge excessively for add-ons too. So yes, I will probably get a Lemo 2, just to see what theyre like.
    Flying Rhino, J_B_86 and Slayer like this.

AVF Regular
    how about tasting the cotton? that's my little first world problem at the moment. I reckon I'll have to try a 4th wick

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    how about tasting the cotton? that's my little first world problem at the moment. I reckon I'll have to try a 4th wick
    Have you tried rayon? I used it the first couple of times in the Lemo, must try it again. It works great in the eGrip RBA. I don't really taste anything odd in the cotton squares though.

AVF Regular
    Random leaking issues, any hints on fixing leaks.
    If they leaked everytime they were refilled I'd suspect the seal at the bottom of the glass, but it's only occasionally.
    And seems to be coming out of 1 the 4 airholes.
    Last edited by disley; 30-03-15 at 05:14 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    If they leaked everytime they were refilled I'd suspect the seal at the bottom of the glass, but it's only occasionally.
    you know i had that problem when i top filled it, juice started coming out of one of the airholes.
    only way i got get it to stop was pulling the unit apart and clean it, refill using that stupid screw

Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    Only had that happen when I didn't have the plug in properly and it moved when I screwed on the base. Try changing the plug maybe?