AVF Regular

Fixed leaking issue on magma - easy

This maybe yesterdays news as people probaly moved on but ive found a way to easily fix leaking issue of the magma rda. But i unsuccessfully googled fixes to it without modification to actual hardware. The fix is quite easy and require two o rings.

so the key cause of this issue is the condensation buildup of the top dome.

The collection of condensation will spill through the chimmney threads the and eventually out over the afc ring.

So most fixes requires users to seal the thread gap or manage condensation buildup

Richard Ng review (youtube Richard Ng and magma) was unsatisfied with his fix by placing an o ring on the grooves under the afc ring. I took this idea and added an extra oring between chimmey thread and the base.

This has to be done after placing the o ring on the richard ng suggested groove then putting the afc ring. Funnily enough the single oring on the thread wont suffice as it can pop into the aforementioned bottom groove

Two orings are required as it performs as the perfect seal.
    this method also gives the distinct look to the atty.

The downfall of this method are:
    - getting to the afc ring a tiny bit more laborious
    - the condensation buildup will collect on the top flat surface of the build deck. Which would of happened already but this time an amount wont seep into the threads.

Simple really. Ill elaborate if there enough interest
    Last edited by VHonda; 30-03-15 at 09:03 AM.

AVF Regular
    Mine only leaked when I first got it, doesn't do it anymore. Probably because I am a lot more careful when I drip into it, I guess.

AVF Regular
    I've heard this is condensation before but I get pure juice out of mine. I don't get any leaks now since I stopped putting 40 drops in & now only do about 20 drops & keep it more upright. It's worth the trouble as it's my favorite dripper.

AVF Regular
    Mine to, haven't found anything better, anything else i've tried i compare to the magma and it wins everytime, for a tank the orchid is comparable to the magma i think.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Mine to, haven't found anything better, anything else i've tried i compare to the magma and it wins everytime, for a tank the orchid is comparable to the magma i think.
    i cant speak for a magma (n22 is dripper of choice) the V6 orchid FT was stocking had Airflow control via screws in the bottom of the base.
    Built right with a tighter airflow, hands down beat even the lemo for flavour