• 4 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 3 Post By wedgtail
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah

Thread: Weather conditions and cloud production

AVF Regular

Weather conditions and cloud production

Forgive me if this is a dumb newbie question, but I couldn't find much on the forum related to 'cloud weather' except this learned message by GirlyPantz from Creating huge amounts of vapor, so I thought I'd ask in a dedicated question:

What climatic/weather conditions produce the most vapor cloud?

So far it seems (to me) that bright/warm + low humidity = less clouds, while darker/cooler + humid = more. (No, don't mistake me for a mathematician, it would defame them.)

What are other people's experiences? What other factors come into it (air pressure, wind speed, being downwind of the abattoir..)?

Note that the message I linked to seems to contradict my 'bright light' = less cloud theory, so my perceptions might be in error. It might just be that my place is not just dim but also much cooler than it is likely to be outside.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Super Moderator
    The Cloud you see , is water vapour being drawn out of the atmosphere by the PG/VG... PG and VG are both Hydrophillic in nature , i.e they readily absorb moisture/ Are Water Loving ... they will actually draw it out of the air and combine with it to form a bigger more visible molecule ... so high humidity ( like a cold wet day ) has more airbourne moisture which is attracted into the PG or VG thus forming a dense cloud ... hot dry days have less humidity , and therefore less moisture to grab out of the air and look visible .... so straight PG/VG in very low humidity will yield bugger all moisture ( less vapour) ... also this is why vaping dehydrates you , when you exhale , you breathe out a percentage of YOUR water attached to the PG/VG
    Last edited by Fatman; 02-04-15 at 10:22 PM. Reason: speelung :)
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    You're a font of knowledge FM
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Umm you did say Font didnt you
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Umm you did say Font didnt you
    Umm ... yes, as opposed to fount which has a slightly different meaning (but both have the same origin) ...

(You didn't think I was going to 'fess up to misspelling it, did you?)
    Last edited by gtadmin; 02-04-15 at 10:33 PM.
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    For a cloud chasing comp it would be better held in Darwin in the wet season than Adelaide at the same time of year .
    Crisscross, Fatman and Vaporific like this.
    I Squonk therefore I vape

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgtail View Post
    For a cloud chasing comp it would be better held in Darwin in the wet season than Adelaide at the same time of year .
    What about the freezer of your local IGA/Coles/Woolies
    Vaporific likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17