Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Faulty Goods

AVF Regular

Faulty Goods

So far I have made 3 orders from 2 Aussie vendors and on 2 of those occasions received something that has a problem/fault.

Now I will say that this is not directed at the Aussie vendors but the manufacturers of vape hardware.
    Aussie vendors have been most helpful in resolving problems.

Second order had a faulty Istick 30w which was stuck at 30 watts. Quite a shock when I tested it using a 1.8ohm coil.
    Third order a Smok VCT that was done up so tight the o-ring was firmly stuck to the glass and broke trying to remove it.

So it makes me wonder about these manufacturers and how good their quality control is, or lack of.

With faulty items and shipping delays it gets very frustrating.

What have you ordered that hasn't been right?
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I am not going to list the things that were not right but just to give my viewpoint on the subject.

QC will always be the first thing to fail when you have a customer base that demands the lowest price and the product to market at an unrealistic speed.

Most experienced vapers that I know deal with it in a couple of ways. They go super simple, no moving parts, no electronics, everything is DIY or they go the way that I do and that is to have multiples of the things I know work well and are reliable. One of the very reasons I spent so much time searching for superseded gear and why I still vape carto tanks (simple and reliable)

Also it's not just about gear. One of the main reasons many people DIY Eliquid to to get consistency over time. Lost of people find a fav Eliquid and reorder a lot, only to wait 3 weeks for delivery and find it different.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 07-04-15 at 06:22 PM.
    gtadmin, CMB, akef38 and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    With some vendors QC is out for the window when they get to big , and they hope things go away i had a problem with a ejuice
    Crisscross likes this.

Super Moderator
    The majority of mass produced gear is made in China, and made to a certain QC level. You want a higher QC level, you'll pay extra. The Chinese themselves can produce gear that is as good as anywhere else produces, it's just people/companies want it as cheap as, even at the expense of reliability. I figure there's a 20% failure rate with most Chinese gear.

It's a fact of life.
    CMB, Fatman and Bobthebuilder like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    The majority of mass produced gear is made in China, and made to a certain QC level. You want a higher QC level, you'll pay extra. The Chinese themselves can produce gear that is as good as anywhere else produces, it's just people/companies want it as cheap as, even at the expense of reliability. I figure there's a 20% failure rate with most Chinese gear.

It's a fact of life.
    Its interesting that some of my mass produced gear bought three years ago is still going strong yet gear bought late last year has failed.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    A poor man just keeps on paying. This goes with most things in life. Being able to discern high quality over expensive is a good skill to have.

But quality gear, have a better experience, save money in the long run.
    disley, Kaoself and dsan89 like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Its interesting that some of my mass produced gear bought three years ago is still going strong yet gear bought late last year has failed.
    That's part of the inconsistency with "cheap" gear though It could also indicate that the gear is made even cheaper nowadays than a couple of years ago. Pass, I don't know.
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

But quality gear, have a better experience, save money in the long run.
    That doesn't mean the quality gear will be fault free, just that you're less likely to receive a lemon than with cheaper gear.

Super Moderator
    The sheer volume of mods coming out of China now as opposed to a few years back would be staggering ... and prices keep being forced lower and lower by those commissioning them ... as a result build quality on many "mass mass mass" produced chinese low end mods is always going to be iffy.

GT is 100% correct , you get EXACTLY what you pay for with the chinese , more so than any other manufacturing power ... a difference of $1 in the commisioning price will often mean quality sorted components will be used over just "hope they work" components ... unfortunately as the end-use consumer , you have very little say in what you get ... its up to vendors to put the pressure on Local Chinese merchantmen/suppliers to pay for and source the best mod for a reasonable price point .

China knows , not many overseas people are going to go to the trouble of shipping faulty gear back for evaluation .

It really is important for a vendor to strike up a PROPER relationship with a credible supply point , who has access to the actual manufacturer ( much rarer than you think) so as to be able to source the "better" class of component and manufacture
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

you get good batches and bad ones, it is what it is (Maybe superstitious) I prefer always getting the first batch because the QC has to be 100% before it can be release, whatever batches comes out after can be inevitable.
    Last edited by Tarn; 07-04-15 at 07:16 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast