AVF Regular

A little help with a subtank Nickle build on the vs rdna

Hoping someone can give me a bit of advice on a good starting point for the subtank with a nickle build.
    I currently have a 0.3 ohm build with 28g with a 3mm ID(first build in the subtank), I've got my vs set to 25w @ 250*c. as I'm relatively new to vapeing I'm not convinced I've got it right just yet "both the coil or settings".. I'm after something that will give me long lung hits with a reasonably warm vape on a higher vg base.. Any advice?? Cheers
    Last edited by NEDWIK; 08-04-15 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEDWIK View Post
    Hoping someone can give me a bit of advice on a good starting point for the subtank with a nickle build.
    I currently have a 0.3 ohm build with 28g with a 3mm ID(first build in the subtank), I've got my vs set to 25w @ 250*c. as I'm relatively new to vapeing I'm not convinced I've got it right just yet "both the coil or settings".. I'm after something that will give me long lung hits with a reasonably warm vape on a higher vg base.. Any advice?? Cheers
    Have a look search on youtube RipTripper does a couple of RDNA specific nickel builds

AVF Regular
    I have a 0.17 nickel build on the subtank mini, I think it was 11 wraps on 2.5mm screwdriver and vaping like a dream on my vapor flask, i like a little cooler vape so it is set to 400F at 16.5 Watts.
    You need to make sure it is wicked correctly, a lot of it is in the wicking, just watch a few youtube wicking videos for the subtank mini and it shoul give you a good idea on whats needed.

AVF Regular
    Yeah i followed his standard nickle build for the lemo drop, was hopeing that given his video is 3months old someone has bettered that again.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
    I have a 0.17 nickel build on the subtank mini, I think it was 11 wraps on 2.5mm screwdriver and vaping like a dream on my vapor flask, i like a little cooler vape so it is set to 400F at 16.5 Watts.
    You need to make sure it is wicked correctly, a lot of it is in the wicking, just watch a few youtube wicking videos for the subtank mini and it shoul give you a good idea on whats needed.
    Thanks mate, yeah I need to spend a bit more time wicking, I cracked it with the Japanese cotton and I'm using organic cotton balls.. Maybe time to give it another go

Quote Originally Posted by NEDWIK View Post
    Thanks mate, yeah I need to spend a bit more time wicking, I cracked it with the Japanese cotton and I'm using organic cotton balls.. Maybe time to give it another go
    I normally do 10 wraps (uniformly spaced)of 28g nickel wire around a 3 mm. Wick with cotton. Comes to about 0.12 - 0.14. Set the rdna at 450F and 22W. Works perfect.

AVF Regular
    I have been doing this works great
    https://youtu.be/x4qA5pjNbDs