Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Installing a spring loaded 510 on a dna 30 clone?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Installing a spring loaded 510 on a dna 30 clone?

I have a hana modz dna30 clone (hotcig) and the 510 just has a screw for the pin. It's loose and always pushes down the internal 510 washer part plus it always gives me a "check atty" error and the ohms reader jumps all over the place. Has anyone ever replace a 510 in their dna mod before? like this? hana clone repair - Album on Imgur

Would something like this work? https://www.fasttech.com/product/2095500

How hard would it be for someone with no experience with soldering etc ?

Could I just scrape out the glue, cut the solder points on the wire, remove the 510, insert the new one and solder it back up?

Any help is as always much appreciated

CMB
    AVF Regular
    It is pretty easy, grab a M10x1.0 tap and a 9mm drill bit.

Drill out the old connector, just go straight through it instead of trying to heat up the glue and pressing it out.

Run the tap through it.

Screw in new connector and solder the pos wire, it will earth through the threads of the connector to the body of the mod.

Thanks CMB. Have you done this before? I don't suppose you have any pictures ??

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingham91 View Post
    Thanks CMB. Have you done this before? I don't suppose you have any pictures ??
    Yep I have dne it to a couple of them.

Have a look at this thread installing a fat daddy 510 in my Hana clone
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Great thanks mate!

AVF Regular
    the low profile fat daddy 510 or the varitube 510 sit flush with the top of the mod

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    I recently built one of the Desire-ecig DNA 35W clone kits up . . . Had to make a couple of mods to it - including using better fire switch - and FDV connector. and trim chip cradle

Kit : DIY HANNA MODZ BOX CASE / ( with DNA Chip Holder / Cradle)

FDV: SHOP - FatDaddyVapes.com - Home of the best vape tweaks and replacement hardware. - I also purchased their "M10 X 1.0 Drill Bit/Tap Combo" - pretty easy to use in hand drill . . . I watched some YouTubes on using a drill to tap

Had to modify case a bit to fit FDV nut - and the cradle where the FDV & Switch was . . ..

I put some pictures up on Imgur : DNA Clone FDV Mounting - Album on Imgur

BTW - Used these step drills to initially remove 510 - and enlarge hole for new fire switch : Craftright 3 Piece Speed Step Drill Bit Set I/N 6360137 | Bunnings Warehouse - great price . . .

Great thanks for the help guys. So the hardware I would need is the "M10 X 1.0 Drill Bit/Tap Combo" to drill the threads for the new 510. a Spring 510 connector (Death guy would the one from Fast tech still work?) a soldering iron, and a drill?

Do I have to use anything special to remove the original 510? I don't really want to keep it so I'm not fussed if it gets messed up in the removal process.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingham91 View Post
    Great thanks for the help guys. So the hardware I would need is the "M10 X 1.0 Drill Bit/Tap Combo" to drill the threads for the new 510. a Spring 510 connector (Death guy would the one from Fast tech still work?) a soldering iron, and a drill?

Do I have to use anything special to remove the original 510? I don't really want to keep it so I'm not fussed if it gets messed up in the removal process.

i dont know if the fasttech ones will work they should but might be alittle diffrent and for the old 510 just drill right through it with your 9mm bit

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Don't make the mistake. The Varitube one and the one I saw on Fasttech were both M10x0.5mm thread, not M10x1.0. The 0.5mm taps are a bugger to get hold of. I found one pretty cheap on ebay from china. $16.00 for the 1 tap though. A "plug tap" works best rather than a "taper tap" if you are leaving the circuit board in while you do it. The Fat Daddy Vapes 510 is a bit thicker and uses the 1.0mm thread.
    The old 510 comes out with a tap on a hammer and punch through from the top, or something the same size. Then drill out to 9.0mm and tap carefully. The 0.5mm tap is ULTRA fine. You want to get it very straight.
    I just finished building this one from scratch.
    Last edited by sweetfa65; 09-04-15 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast