AVF Regular

Smok XPRO M65 65W Mini Box Mod and M50 50W

Hi all,

Interestingly a friend is after a box mod, and now I'm thinking of picking one up for my wife i.e. convenient excuse to pick up some more goodies

I've seen the Smok XPRO M65 for just under $60, which seems like a reasonable price, anyone have an idea of quality of these things, performance and aesthetics? I'm thinking of either the gold, silver or grey? Does the finish flake off, or is it anodised? Is it one of those finishes were it's better to go silver or gray to hide wear?

Cheers,
    Nev

AVF Regular
    I bought both the M50 amd M50 that goes to 65W, even though it still has the M50 writtn on it.

Rubbish, both of them IMO. They were slightly rattley when I got them and after a while:

Missfires
    Would show empty battery, when I know it wasn't.
    After charge, would lock it itself and had to hard reset every time
    The instructions say on a separate card to not change the battery often and to charge it via USB. Then when you read on, it tells you exatly the opposite, to not always use the usb, but to take battery out.
    Get yourself an iStick 50W, apparantly evryone screems about them here.
    I have a vaporshark rDNA which I am very happy with, but they are also a different price range.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I bought both the M50 amd M50 that goes to 65W, even though it still has the M50 writtn on it.

Rubbish, both of them IMO. They were slightly rattley when I got them and after a while:

Missfires
    Would show empty battery, when I know it wasn't.
    After charge, would lock it itself and had to hard reset every time
    The instructions say on a separate card to not change the battery often and to charge it via USB. Then when you read on, it tells you exatly the opposite, to not always use the usb, but to take battery out.
    Get yourself an iStick 50W, apparantly evryone screems about them here.
    I have a vaporshark rDNA which I am very happy with, but they are also a different price range.
    And from what I understand they have the same build as the M80+. On that one the topcap of the device is not sealed where it sits in the body. So if juice leaks it goes right into the device.

AVF Regular
    Wow, well I guess it's possible for people to get faulty units. In this day and age of mass production cheap electronics it happens more often than we would like but that doesn't make a product bad per say.

I've got a Smok Xpro M50 65w upgrade and it's been wonderful. My Son has 2 and I believe a couple of his mates have them and all love them, they were the reason my Son and I got put onto trying them. That said It's only been a few weeks for my Son and I with them, but if I have any issues I'll just make good use of my consumer rights and/or make a warranty claim.

We're using Samsung 25r batteries, no problems yet.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    My second one is going strong too. The first one was faulty and buggy as hell.

AVF Regular
    I've got a brand new one completely sealed in the box OP that was sent to me as a replacement that I haven't even opened if you want to send me a PM and offer me something for it.

(First one was faulty, vendor replaced it, I bought an istick 50w in the interim and haven't had the need to open the new one)