Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By <---cop
  • 1 Post By Hidden1

Thread: pwn boxes!

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183

    pwn boxes!

    Sooooo, anyone here have experience or tried a pwm box mod? Been seeing so many things about it on facebook and it's really intresting. Im not an expert on it so a good discussion about this should be very informative to me or someone who's intrested in this type of box mod.

    Cheers!

    PS
    Sorry for the wrong heading, I meant "PWM BOXES"!!
    Last edited by IvanDOTJ; 14-04-15 at 03:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,055
    PWM is great in theory.

    99% of what came out of china 2 or 3 years ago was pulse width modulation.
    The problem with it is that depending on the frequency, I think that it can actually affect the taste of your juice.
    If you search for rattlesnake you'll find a lot of PWM discussion.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    PWM is great in theory.

    99% of what came out of china 2 or 3 years ago was pulse width modulation.
    The problem with it is that depending on the frequency, I think that it can actually affect the taste of your juice.
    If you search for rattlesnake you'll find a lot of PWM discussion.
    Yeah I heard about buzzing or if not whinning mods. But I really like the okl and raptor chips but that 20amp limit is a bit dissapointing sometimes that's why when I looked up pwm it sounded like the way to go, I guess I need to try it myself to actually know ayy. Have you tried it before <----cop?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,055
    I've used a lot of 33.3mhz ones. I personally avoid them.

    I'm not sure what they are putting in boxes nowdays. If they are a higher frequency they might be ok.
    Most of what I use is small airholes and high nic so I don't usually need big watts.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    I've used a lot of 33.3mhz ones. I personally avoid them.

    I'm not sure what they are putting in boxes nowdays. If they are a higher frequency they might be ok.
    Most of what I use is small airholes and high nic so I don't usually need big watts.
    Yeah fair enough,,, im trying to get my research up coz im gonna try n make my own box, I just need to find the one that suits me, I guess an okl t20 would be good since it's been good to me for a while now... just the idea of no amp limit sounds very enticing lol and I like the high watts and low builds with heaps of airflow so im assuming it'll fit my needs

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,055
    This thread is good if you want to quickly check the raw specs of some of the commonly used boards -
    The Big Chip Thread
    Fatman and IvanDOTJ like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Port Stephens NSW
    Posts
    1,989
    Here is a good youtube vid explaining pwm

    IvanDOTJ likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    This thread is good if you want to quickly check the raw specs of some of the commonly used boards -
    The Big Chip Thread
    Sweet cheers bro! Ill have a read at that!

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden1 View Post
    Here is a good youtube vid explaining pwm

    That's good, cheers bro!

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    1,183
    Found the diagram im gonna follow... this should be fun.
    Last edited by IvanDOTJ; 14-04-15 at 05:32 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:52 PM.