• 10 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By Oldhead
  • 2 Post By Midlife
  • 5 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By Midlife

Thread: iStick went swimming.

AVF Regular

iStick went swimming.

So my Dad calls me today and says that one of his iSticks went for a dip in the spa for about 5 minutes. He dried it off and has since tried charging it, buts says that even though the display says it is charging it doesn't hold a charge.

I'm thinking it is probably rooted and more likely just a fire hazard, than any chance of it ever working again.

Right?

AVF Regular
    Put it in a bowl of rice overnight and the rice will absorb the moisture, works with phones so I don't see why it wouldn't work with an istick.

It's not guaranteed to work but worth a shot.
    Gbomb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    So my Dad calls me today and says that one of his iSticks went for a dip in the spa for about 5 minutes. He dried it off and has since tried charging it, buts says that even though the display says it is charging it doesn't hold a charge.

I'm thinking it is probably rooted and more likely just a fire hazard, than any chance of it ever working again.

Right?
    Definite rooted mate he should have let it dry for a couple of days in rice if anything. But even still I would probably have turfed it, do you really want to risk a li po battery venting while vaping.

AVF Regular
    Another chance to use this
    giruvian, Fatman, Nakor and 8 others like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Retired Account
    I put my daughter's Fisher Price "Old Macdonald" battery operated 'piano' in the spa once. It's the only thing to do with devices created to torture parents given as gifts from childless relatives. I was just one more "with a moo moo here.." away from being sectioned. Ahhh peace perfect peace.. until the drum kit was purchased by same relative for an older child the very next christmas. No amount of submerging in the spa worked to shut that up!
    giruvian, gtadmin, sperex and 7 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    I put my daughter's Fisher Price "Old Macdonald" battery operated 'piano' in the spa once. It's the only thing to do with devices created to torture parents given as gifts from childless relatives. I was just one more "with a moo moo here.." away from being sectioned. Ahhh peace perfect peace.. until the drum kit was purchased by same relative for an older child the very next christmas. No amount of submerging in the spa worked to shut that up!
    ROFL!!! Looks like the relatives dont like you > Send the kids to them for a holiday .
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I bought my first daughter a mini drum kit when she was about five, She is now seventeen and I am still coping crap from her mum for buying it.

Cheers
    Midlife
    giruvian and mrsgruffy like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    I bought my first daughter a mini drum kit when she was about five, She is now seventeen and I am still coping crap from her mum for buying it.

Cheers
    Midlife
    I bought that sort of thing for the grand-kids (well, when they were young) ... to get my daughter back You know, recorders, saxophone ... that sort of thing
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Don't get me started on recorders...................................The f.....n schools make you buy them when the kids are so young they are only ever going to make repetitive noise to annoy parents. I believe its a preemptive strike buy the teachers.

Cheers
    Midlife
    gtadmin and nickj1979 like this.