• 3 Post By stylemessiah
  • 1 Post By steve.c
  • 2 Post By rupert
  • 3 Post By wedgtail
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah

Thread: MVP3.0 Case/Carrier/Holder

AVF Regular

MVP3.0 Case/Carrier/Holder

So the only downside to owning an MVP (and i assume other box mods) is carrying them

So far havent come across anything to carry it around in..

In another thread i half joked that i was considering a shoulder holster

Getting to the point where maybe im not joking

NEW Hunting Tactical Pistol GUN Holster With MAG Pouch Adjustable Shoulder | eBay

Then theres the "less likely to get shot wearing" Anti Theft Bag/holster

Fashion Anti Theft Hidden Underarm Shoulder Wallet Bags Holster Phone Bags Black | eBay

Anyone have any suggestions, not that im not actually weird enough to actually go through with the shoulder holster idea

Ill take no replies to mean that you secretly want me to pursue the holster idea and call my bluff/see if i can pull it off

Of course if i do embrace the shoulder holster idea ill have to become a gruff private eye/former cop with a heart of gold who still works cases but due to a bad fatal shooting early in his career where a young boy got caught in the crossfire, he no longer carries a gun. His go to move is to pull a mod from his holster, stare pensively into the middle distance and vape until he has a eureka moment and breaks the case.

Always have a back story, otherwise all the weird shit you say can be wrongly misconstrued as plain old madness.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 17-04-15 at 02:28 AM.
    Northerner and rupert like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Lol ! Good one

AVF Regular
    Oh dear style your really struggling to find a way to carry your mod. Seeing as you don't like my initial idea, I have no idea why! My vote is for the holster private investigator model. Failing that you could get a nice bumbag, they were very stylish in the eighties. Or perhaps you just need to get a big manly jacket with deep pockets. Although I'd like to see you walk into the heart foundation to make your complaint and reach inside your jacket and pull out a mod from your holster!! Probably wouldn't end well though so perhaps not!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    Oh dear style your really struggling to find a way to carry your mod. Seeing as you don't like my initial idea, I have no idea why! My vote is for the holster private investigator model. Failing that you could get a nice bumbag, they were very stylish in the eighties. Or perhaps you just need to get a big manly jacket with deep pockets. Although I'd like to see you walk into the heart foundation to make your complaint and reach inside your jacket and pull out a mod from your holster!! Probably wouldn't end well though so perhaps not!
    I really am, currently my left hand is starting to complain

You really want to see me embrace the bumbag more dont you. The only problem with that really is ill have to also pair that up with acrylic/nylon? exercise pants and jacket...no point doing things half assed....and well, i havent got enough hair for a man perm/mullet or to be badly over chemically treated. There are so many roadblocks to that plan....

I do have a big manly Timberland bomber jacket with many pockets which the MVP can live in when im wearing a jacket, but none are deep enough or enclose it to make me feel secure to shift my vertical axis past about 20 degrees...guess with winter coming up that will get me by when im wearing it and if im careful.

Im not very careful

I wish i still had my WW2 vintage Swallow trenchcoat for my HF visit, being me and with dark sunglasses on, i once got cruised by a cop car and called over as i was about to walk up the driveway of a little old lady whom i volunteer with. Name given and having given her details and confirming i knew her by them asking me how i knew her etc and other details i was let go...the cops had responded to her place after a break in 3 years earlier, and being a small country town they remembered and wanted to make sure i was a person of reasonable character.

I miss that coat, combined with my general appearance (my own mother wouldnt be seen with me after i left the army and until my hair grew back as she said i looked like a contract killer), it tended to keep people away. Being an aspie i am much more happy to speak to people via a keyboard than interface with them in real life. Every one i know accepts the fact that i much prefer solitude or the company of a cat

Its obviously a natural progression then for me to start wearing a holster. I have a good relationship with the police, especially at home here in Darlinghurst. I wonder if i get my vaping holster if they'll let me work cases. I mean if its good enough for Nathan Fillion....

Dont worry i plan to get my 5 cents worth in at the HF without any supporting wardrobe.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Here ya go:
    Innokin iTaste MVP / VTR Leather Carrying Pouch
    That'll fit the MVP. And is coolish looking at the same time
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    The OP was great.
    I have a thigh holster, which I intend on coming home to photograph with the MVP3 loaded in, but just realised I've left it at my other place.

I say go for the concealed carry
    Failing that, my partner uses a soft sunglasses case to carry hers around in her bag and in the car. A bit of protection from scratches, and she can still use the buttons ext without having to take it completely out of the case.

AVF Regular
    To be truly Australian you would need to include a stuby holder/mvp case the perfect carry item
    I Squonk therefore I vape

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    I really am, currently my left hand is starting to complain

You really want to see me embrace the bumbag more dont you. The only problem with that really is ill have to also pair that up with acrylic/nylon? exercise pants and jacket...no point doing things half assed....and well, i havent got enough hair for a man perm/mullet or to be badly over chemically treated. There are so many roadblocks to that plan....

I do have a big manly Timberland bomber jacket with many pockets which the MVP can live in when im wearing a jacket, but none are deep enough or enclose it to make me feel secure to shift my vertical axis past about 20 degrees...guess with winter coming up that will get me by when im wearing it and if im careful.

Im not very careful

I wish i still had my WW2 vintage Swallow trenchcoat for my HF visit, being me and with dark sunglasses on, i once got cruised by a cop car and called over as i was about to walk up the driveway of a little old lady whom i volunteer with. Name given and having given her details and confirming i knew her by them asking me how i knew her etc and other details i was let go...the cops had responded to her place after a break in 3 years earlier, and being a small country town they remembered and wanted to make sure i was a person of reasonable character.

I miss that coat, combined with my general appearance (my own mother wouldnt be seen with me after i left the army and until my hair grew back as she said i looked like a contract killer), it tended to keep people away. Being an aspie i am much more happy to speak to people via a keyboard than interface with them in real life. Every one i know accepts the fact that i much prefer solitude or the company of a cat

Its obviously a natural progression then for me to start wearing a holster. I have a good relationship with the police, especially at home here in Darlinghurst. I wonder if i get my vaping holster if they'll let me work cases. I mean if its good enough for Nathan Fillion....

Dont worry i plan to get my 5 cents worth in at the HF without any supporting wardrobe.
    Lmfao I've decided I don't want you to embrace the bum bag anymore. I think you really need a holster with your big ex military coat.

Actually I could see a whole new competition for cloud chasers using the holsters, you could stand back to back take ten strides, draw you mod and then blow huge clouds!

Anyway the belt holster is probably practical but the shoulder holster is much more fun.☺

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Here ya go:
    Innokin iTaste MVP / VTR Leather Carrying Pouch
    That'll fit the MVP. And is coolish looking at the same time
    Thanks for that, i think i may have come across it before but for some reason thought it was for the earlier MVP's and may not fit mine. Added to wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    The OP was great.
    I have a thigh holster, which I intend on coming home to photograph with the MVP3 loaded in, but just realised I've left it at my other place.

I say go for the concealed carry
    Failing that, my partner uses a soft sunglasses case to carry hers around in her bag and in the car. A bit of protection from scratches, and she can still use the buttons ext without having to take it completely out of the case.
    Lol, would love to see that pic when you have it together.

When in doubt, concealed carry.

I mean why wouldnt you want the added danger of making security personnel twitchy.

They like being on edge.

Most cops never get the chance to draw their weapons, and what sort of person would you be to deny them their Clint Eastwood moment

Though i wouldnt wear it in Victoria, the cops there shoot you if the wind changes

* Also not recommended if youre African American and actually reside anywhere within the United States of America. Especially New York.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgtail View Post
    To be truly Australian you would need to include a stuby holder/mvp case the perfect carry item
    Kind of almost goes without saying...

Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    Lmfao I've decided I don't want you to embrace the bum bag anymore. I think you really need a holster with your big ex military coat.

Actually I could see a whole new competition for cloud chasers using the holsters, you could stand back to back take ten strides, draw you mod and then blow huge clouds!

Anyway the belt holster is probably practical but the shoulder holster is much more fun.☺
    *sigh of relief* the bumbag is finally off the list

Sadly the ex-military coat is no longer with us, it served me one last Bowral winter a few years back...walking 3 kilometres in the snow (did i mention when being me and wearing it you didnt get a lot of lifts - even on a snowy day) and accumulating a nice crust of snow of about an inch over most of it (did i mention it was very windy AND snowing) , when i got home it became obvious that its vintage stitching and fabric had been pushed too far...*pout*.

As for the competition holster, like real life, you would want to be careful that you didnt fire early
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 18-04-15 at 01:17 AM.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Lol, would love to see that pic when you have it together.

When in doubt, concealed carry.

I mean why wouldnt you want the added danger of making security personnel twitchy.

They like being on edge.

Most cops never get the chance to draw their weapons, and what sort of person would you be to deny them their Clint Eastwood moment

Though i wouldnt wear it in Victoria, the cops there shoot you if the wind changes

* Also not recommended if youre African American and actually reside anywhere within the United States of America. Especially New York.

For sure - I'm heading back up there this weekend, i'll take a snap for you