Help / Advice please

I received my eleaf 50w yesterday and have a few questions that some of you guys might be able to help with...

I have a Kanga Sub Tank mini with the 1.2ohm coil in it.
    Supposedly the coil is good for 12-25w
    So I tried at 15w first up... wide open airflow and a crap burnt taste straight up? Coil was well soaked so that wasn't the issue??? I dropped back to10.5 and it is fine, just not too much cloud production.
    Liquid is 70pg/30VG Hawk Sauce (my fave).

Any thoughts on this.

I then dropped on my Vaporfi platinum pro tank (single coil), dropped down the wattage to 6w and get great clouds and taste. The wicking on the Vaporfi coils is pretty small so it won't handle much heat, but it is a really nice and cool vape.

So what am I doing messing with a Sub Tank - I honestly thought the Kanger Sub and 50w leaf would be awesome, but so far not feeling the love!

Further to the above, I just tried the rebuildable using a .5ohm coil and japanese cotton - my first build (sort of - you get a couple of premade wire coils) . Vaping at 12-15w OK but 15w is a tad too warm for my liking.
    If more experienced crew can post their settings at least I could see what is 'normal'. Anyone????

AVF Regular
    There is no such thing as normal but I have a .6ohm coil in the rba head in mine at the moment and it's on 22.5 watts and is not even the slightest bit warm, air flow wide open and 80/20 vg/pg juice. Could go higher but flavour seems to be a bit better down lower for this juice. I had problems with caramel flavours burning and giving me bad tastes at higher temps but that's the juice. I've had the pre made 1.2ohm coils up to the full 25 watts with no burning or bad tastes so could be something to do with the high pg ratio as they are two different substances heat may affect them differently. Would be interesting to find out.

AVF Regular
    For ref: I run mine at ~12w on this setup, either coil. Lasts ~8 days on a charge. I too find for the particular juice I run in it (Maple Rum Tobacco) that it gets awful above that wattage. But at or below 12 it's awesome. On my other one (Bewdy) I run it at ~17w and can turn it up to ~30w and it only affects the temp of the vape.

AVF Regular
    I run the 1.2 coil at 12w and it perfect. I usually start it at 10 and work up to 12. Just a thought, how did you clean you tank? I soak mine in cheap vodka for a couple of hours then rinse and soak them in boiling water. Maybe the yucky taste is machine oil.

AVF Regular
    I'd try not so wide open, in hope that the extra vacuum created inside the tank, may help to draw more juice in to the coil
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

Thanks for the comments crew. Ill give a different juice a try once I refill and see wHat happens.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I use the 1.2ohm coil on my ST mini at 15w, with no problem.
    If it was the first fill, the problem could be that although the wick looked soaked, it wasn't fully soaked all the way through. New coil, first fill, I'll drip into the coil a few drops from where the chimney fits in, then fill the tank & leave the atty to sit upright for 10mins.
    Then I'll take 2 or 3 primer puffs & hope I don't get it gurgley but I'd rather it gurgled a little than dry hit with burnt cotton taste, I can vape a gurgle out.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!