Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Gus Phenonemon Lite - Gus Lord Telescopic - first looks

AVF Regular

Gus Phenonemon Lite - Gus Lord Telescopic - first looks

I received this late Friday afternoon and have just done my first build. I'm not at all familiar with the Gus world, so any corrections or additions are welcome.

Firstly, a size comparison of the Gus Lord telescopic/Phenonemon Lite and the GP Paps Lux/Heron - both in 18500 mode, both switches locked.

Gus Lord Telescopic
    Specifications

diameter of tube 22.00 mm
    length with 18350 68.00mm + kick
    length with 18500 72.00mm + kick
    length with 18650 87.00mm can not fit kick
    material SS Steel 303
    threads of switch / top cap 20,00 x 1,00 mm
    510 Connector

SS/brass H Switch v2 S/T bb with ball bearing
    Top cap SS/brass with airflow
    include brass pole variable with fuse
    brass ring center for users with kick
    Finish: As expected, this is a beautifully made mod. I had wondered if the Lord finish would be too chunky for me, but it is much more delicate than I had anticipated. I don't think pics do it justice.

The last row of horizontal engraving on the tube sections isn't quite parallel, but I only noticed that because I was doing this 'first look' and was paying much more attention than usual.

The mod comes with a brass sleeve that is screwed into the tube to hold a kick (with 18350 and 18499/500 batteries only). There were also other spares likes springs, an o-ring, spare fuses etc.

Threading is 20x1 - compatible with the GP Paps, so the Heron can be used on the Lord in hybrid mode ... but not with 18350 batteries, because the fully closed Lord tube is too long.

Top Cap: The top cap has a fuse inside an adjustable brass housing. Spare fuses can be bought ("4 pieces of 7A smd fuse 3 piece of 12A smd for ULR vapers" - free shipping).

It is also possible to use a different 20x1 threaded top cap, though not in 18350 mode. Because the fully closed tube is so long, the Gus top cap comes with a brass extension to the positive pole that is used with 18350 batteries. This means the positive pole in other top caps is not long enough. I'm not quite sure why this is so, but it does mean the 'telescoped' midsection in 18500 mode is only about 4mm, which I like.

Switch: The Gus site is a bit (a lot) confusing for those new to it (like me). The mod comes with a WHS s/t bb switch:
    WHS: without hot spring
    S/T: soft touch
    bb: ball bearings

I have not pulled it apart, but the ball bearings are apparently tiny. In use, this switch is beautiful. Lockable, but holds the weight of the mod and a full atty unlocked without firing. The throw is tiny and light, and it fires no matter where you press it.

GUS Telescopic Mods: Review
    disassemble switch yumina warrior GUS

Gus Phenonemon Lite - polished finish

Characteristics
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Diameter : 22,00 mm.
    Length : 44,00 mm e.
    Material : SS
    Capacity : 4 ml
    Connector : 510
    Finish of ATO : polish
    Deck with two air holes of 1.00 mm and 1 of 0,8 mm
    Include pmma tank
    Three level air holes position
    Refill by two holes 1,6 mm on top cap
    This is has a Kayfun-like deck, lots of adjustable air, juice control, adjustable positive pin, refill from top or bottom, and can be re-wicked/re-coiled without emptying the tank. The top fill holes are small, so you'd need a needle tip to use them.

I'm really loving the vape this is giving. I'm not a cloud chaser, but I have two of the three holes open and am thinking I need to close it off a bit more.

I'm using a new juice, so I can't compare the flavour with other atties, but it seems really, really good to me. With 50/50 Sleight of Hand I have the juice control fully closed, so it should have no problem handling higher VG mixes.

I've had no dry hits and no gurgling. However, you'll notice from the pic below that I have a bit of juice around the deck. I later noticed that when I lay the mod on its side, I had weeping from the air holes. I think my wick isn't quite right. Coil is 28g, 7 wraps, 2.5mm dia -> 1.2 ohm.

Phenomenon LITE : Review & Rebuild

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I bought this gorgeous piece of kit off btobw and I thought I'd just add my 2 cents for anyone that cares.

The mod is beyond reproach, absolutely beautiful but also so very useable though I don't think it will leave my house. Too precious! The switch is butter as is all the threading and the fuses are a new one on me. It's a killer! Love it to bits.

What I really wanted to comment on was the atty and I don't see too much mention of it on here so I'm figuring there aren't that many about. I'm going to make a bold statement. Many are in love with the Rose v2 and quite rightly so. I only have a clone of that unfortunately (must hunt an authentic) but it is reasonable quality and I'm presuming it performs in a similar fashion. They are an awesome tank even if a tad fiddly to build, yes a flavour chasers delight.

Well I'll stick my neck out and say that the Phenomenon Lite is every bit as good, maybe even better (ducks for cover). It has that same sort of small chamber and long chimney of the Rose which I guess is the secret. Slightly fiddly to wick, Qorax to the rescue, he's a pretty cool dude! I'm running at 1.7ohm with a Kotex U wick. Yards of flavour, vapour and not even a hint of anything like a dry hit and I have given it a hiding in the past 24 hours. It's certainly not losing that lovely crackly draw. Beautiful build quality as well! I may have a new favourite tank (apart from fluff tanks).

Can't believe more people haven't gone for them. My 5 cents, it was too long to be 2.

Love 'em both!!!
    Crisscross, Fatman and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm really glad you're loving it, Chris - though I'm now not sure why I sold it! My problem is I can only sell things I really like - which means I always have regrets. But seeing things go to a loving home eases the pain
    Fatman and merexy like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Di, I can assure you I treat it with same care and love as what you do your gear, fear not on that score. I am sorry you are missing it. You have gone over to the dark side though.... LOL!

Still surprised they did not take off more.

You always have had very good taste!
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm only 50% on the dark side - I still use my tube mods at least half of the time, and my GP mods and Axiom hybrid are still 'never to be sold'
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I had to look up Axiom Hybrid...... Still learning! Very niiiiiice!
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    Refilled the tank. Still that same lovely moist crackle! I love this thing!
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    The Phenomenon Lite has become my favourite atty. I cannot fault! Flavour and vapour is awesome and it just doesn't seem to go off! Only for home though, too precious to take out!
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    The mark of a great tank, consistent and easy build or rewick. Just changed flavour. Coil was fine. New rayon wick.

Purely awesome!
    Crisscross, Fatman and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    So much love! Makes me glad it went to someone who's appreciating it
    gtadmin, Crisscross and merexy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast