Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The choice of sub-ohm RTA's is ridiculous!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

The choice of sub-ohm RTA's is ridiculous!

Seriously, I don't know what I want to pair with next...and I'm not gonna lie, but I do eventually see me owning 1 of each by some point this year...hehe.

Anyway, I'm currently rocking out with the Subtank mini, using the RBA. This RTA has been nothing but sweet to me. I'm pretty new to the vape game, and after puffing on a ego style vape for under a week and even purchasing a bigger 1600mah battery with a kanger EMOW clearomizer, and after watching pretty much every pbusardo, grimgreen, indoorsmokers and suckmymod video on youtube I knew I still wasn't where I wanted to be. So as opposed to just buying things because they look nice (Yes I'm a sucker for packaging and shiny stuff) or even worse, giving up altogether, I actually delved into this wild world of vaping and emerged out with an MVP 3 and a subtank mini. (BUT WHY DIDNT YOU JUST BUY AN I STICK 50W YOU PUTZ...they were all sold out everywhere...and I mean everywhere online and I'm impatient...)

This set up has been great, especially for entry level vapers who want thick clouds with awesome taste, but without the hassle of diving into rebuilding (but with the option there in case you want too learn) and mech/unregulated mods and such. Ohms law, correct amps, ohm resistance...and so much more, it's really a lot for a newbie to take in, but I do feel that I've finally wrapped my head around all of this. Even purchased a tugboat RDA over the weekend and made my first coil which was successful! But as a said, set up is super user friendly, pretty much un-boxed everything and put it together and started vaping almost immediately. I've maybe had 2-3 dry hits over a 3 week period of shuffling between the 1.2ohm the 0.5ohm and the RBA.

I shown all my friends this set up, and I mean if anything, they've all seen your stock standard servo disposable e-cigs you can purchase, so upon first sighting of my little set up there was very many "oohs and ahs" at the sheer size of the unit assembled together, but I haven't met one person who is not to like it. I've already managed to get two of my work colleagues onto it (Bought them istick 50w with subtank mini) and they are loving it. And of course I've now cut down my analog intake to about 2-3 stinkies a day....with obvious intention to completely stop!

ANYHOW...as stated by my thread title, and by my obvious enthusiasm for wanting to purchase more and more (I haven't gone one week now without vape mail now...lol) I would love to hear some personal recommendations of RTA's you're currently using.

Would be even better if you have used the subtank mini and could give a comparison just solely on flavour and cloud production. I'm also going to be purchasing a new box/mech mod, still don't know what too side with...but I have got my eye on the IPV2 mini at the minute.

Leaning toward the Lemo 2 or the Arctic.

Alsoooo, would like to quickly say thanks to all AVF members. I can't explain how much this forum has helped me become more adept and educated, and the user responses have been super helpful! Cheers guys and gals!

AVF Regular
    I have had the lemo 2 now for a week it is a very airy vape with nice flavor at around 20 watts , I also have a sub tank mini using the rba at 1.2 ohm build and like that as well. so much available as you said . I am looking for a Kfun lite original as my next tank .

Cheers Mark
    disley and justhime like this.
    I Squonk therefore I vape

AVF Regular
    As wedgtail said the lemo2 comes recommended ive heard good things about it, but never tried it personally. I did try the veritas dripper the other day and it kicked ass, if you want to try dripping I can definetly recommend that as worth a try.
    justhime likes this.

AVF Regular
    From memory, The Artic doesn't have a rebuild deck and rebuilding the dvc would be very difficult - compared to what your used to.
    justhime likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have the subtank mini, the Lemo 2, and the Delta II.
    I like them all, I 'm using the Lemo 2 most, because it's so easy to refill.
    If it had the option of replaceable coils, like the other two, it would be perfect.
    The Delta II is great, you have excellent replaceable coils, plus an RBA option, the factory coils are very good.
    It's draw back is fiddly filling, and poor visibility, you can't easily see when it's close to empty, you figure it out, but it's the weak spot.
    You have the subtank mini, I find the sizzling and popping annoying, and the factory coils taste funny after awhile.
    justhime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    I have the subtank mini, the Lemo 2, and the Delta II.
    I like them all, I 'm using the Lemo 2 most, because it's so easy to refill.
    If it had the option of replaceable coils, like the other two, it would be perfect.
    The Delta II is great, you have excellent replaceable coils, plus an RBA option, the factory coils are very good.
    It's draw back is fiddly filling, and poor visibility, you can't easily see when it's close to empty, you figure it out, but it's the weak spot.
    You have the subtank mini, I find the sizzling and popping annoying, and the factory coils taste funny after awhile.
    Totally agree with the sizzling and popping of the subtank annoying. Don't think I've gotten my factory coils to the point of funny taste yet, been mostly using the RBA as of late.

Delta II is also definitely an option I'm looking at as well. Going strictly on looks and aesthetics, it takes the cake imo.

Hows it like building on the Lemo 2?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by justhime View Post
    Totally agree with the sizzling and popping of the subtank annoying. Don't think I've gotten my factory coils to the point of funny taste yet, been mostly using the RBA as of late.

Delta II is also definitely an option I'm looking at as well. Going strictly on looks and aesthetics, it takes the cake imo.

Hows it like building on the Lemo 2?
    The Lemo 2 is easy to build, I'm not good at building coils but I got it on the third go, and no dry hits, plenty of clouds.
    I'm using more juice with it, that's with a cool low watts vape, between 23w and 26watts.
    It worked better with less cotton.
    Tarn likes this.

if you have the delta 2 or the subtank mini which has a RBA option there's no point buying other new clearos on the market, its basically the same IMO. Invest your money towards an rta, ejuice etc. having 100 clearos with minor aesthetic changes doesn't make it have more flavor or vapor.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

AVF Regular
    Basically everything disley said, but i wouldn't suggest the lemo 2 unless you plan on getting a more powerfull mod.
    I just tried mine at the 30 watt max of the mvp 3 and it was muted flavour and clouds.
    This thing put on a whole new dress at 40+ watts, i usually run it at around 47 watts on the eleaf 50 but have had it up to 70 watts on my sigelei 100 watt mod with no dry hits, this is on the pre installed 0.6 ohm coil that came with it.
    The delta 2 is happy at 27 watts with my 0.8ohm build
    My two cents for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnen View Post
    Basically everything disley said, but i wouldn't suggest the lemo 2 unless you plan on getting a more powerfull mod.
    I just tried mine at the 30 watt max of the mvp 3 and it was muted flavour and clouds.
    This thing put on a whole new dress at 40+ watts, i usually run it at around 47 watts on the eleaf 50 but have had it up to 70 watts on my sigelei 100 watt mod with no dry hits, this is on the pre installed 0.6 ohm coil that came with it.
    The delta 2 is happy at 27 watts with my 0.8ohm build
    My two cents for what it's worth.
    Agreed, the plan was to also purchase an ipv2 mini and the new tank to go along with it, keep the subtank on the mvp, seems to be vaping good at 25-26 watts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast