Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nedkelly

Thread: joyetech delta 2 overheatingi issue

AVF Regular

joyetech delta 2 overheatingi issue

Hi All,

Anyone had any problems with this device ( Joyetech delta 2 clearomizer - not the mod version ). Its quite bizzarre but this particular item Ive been running for about a week or so and working great. Then today, whilst im at work, no matter what device i put it on, it starts firing ( when its not meant to ).

So Ive got it on a telescopic mod with a button, and even whilst not pressing the button. its firing and overheating somehow ( so hot ive scolded myself 3 times ).

Then I whip it onto my Nemesis mod, and same thing. Overheats and I have to drop the whole device and disconnect the body to take that battery out with tissues.

It's really bizarre and im frustrated cuz im at work and cant suck down the niccotine with a replacement tank. lol. Anyone have any ideas. Im totally perplexed by this one..

A.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I dont know the Delta 2, but its shorting out. The fact it happens on various mods is a good indication of a BIG problem. Can you dismantle it and reassemble?? I certainly wouldn't be connection it up until you have done a little fault finding!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    yeah ok.. What does shorting out mean? I tried hunting in google for issues with the delta 2 but havent found anything related..

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Not knowing the atomizer, I am guessing your coil may have come adrift and the positive side is shorting to earth. Maybe a piece of metal shaving stuck in the connector? I don't know but whatever is causing the problem is putting a dead short on your battery if its getting so hot you need tissues to get it out. Thats a sub ohm set up?
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    nope, just a regular clearomizer.. no DIY coils etc. Ive never experimented with any of the rebuildable stuff. I tried it on another new clearo head replacement. but same thing happened. so guess i have to bin it. Not sure ill buy another now. I was really enjoying the product to.. Hate every other clearo ive ever tried.

Have you recently changed coils? Did this occur when you refilled. Try unscrewing the atty from afc and screw it back on. Is it tight?

Why i ask is that the chimmney and/or chimmney cap undo itself and if thats so it could distrupt your airflow to coil. Hence npt cooling your coils efficiently
    Last edited by huhuhu; 22-04-15 at 06:25 PM.

Pull it apart, clean it thoroughly, dry it thoroughly, bin the old coil, prime and put a new one in. See how you go bud .
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah i did all of that.. that was my 3rd coil head i tried on it with the same result. So im not gonna take the risk with it. I wish i knew what the problem was to begin with. Could i have overscrewed it in too tight pushing the base of it up or something i have no idea.. It doesnt make any sense to me why it would overheat considering the coils are apart of the disposable/replaceable head units that you can get separately.. O wel.. back onto the Boge slotted carto/tanks i guess.