Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: AVF Starter Kit

AVF Regular

AVF Starter Kit

Hey AVF'ers,

Just had a bit of a thought, not sure if its viable as I don't really know how forums work as such, but here goes.

I've noticed that there have been quite a few posts recently (and probably since the forums began) asking about starter kits & such for beginners.

Would it be possible for AVF to perhaps offer something to new vapers as a way of getting started, Like maybe the following from fasttech (due to the prices) but with the benefit of being able to receive it quicker:

* Lite Pack: eGo-C Twist 1100 Battery with CE5 Clearomiser, usb charger and a juice bottle (empty), all in a nice little case for $15 - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...le-starter-kit
    * Lite Pack: eGo-C Twist 1300 Battery with X9 Protank Clearomiser, Beauty Ring and 510 adapter (handy), usb charger and a juice bottle (empty), all in a nice little case for $25 - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-starter-kit-w
    * Starter Pack: iStick 20w with GS Air BCC Clearo and charger. Great for beginners, passthrough charging, decent clearo, choice of colours for $40 - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-vw-box-mod-gs
    etc etc, possibly including: Mechanical RDA kit, Mechanical RTA kit, Regulated Sub Ohm kit, Mechanical Sub Ohm kit, maybe even a DIY kit with some bottles, syringes, gloves etc.

We'd get cheaper prices through ordering bulk and get them quicker as they'll be coming from within Aus.

Is this a possibility at all? I just think it might be handy for newbies and even for people who have been only mech mods and want to try a regulated one.

Cheers
    Peace, YNWA
    Benj

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    AVF is a forum, not a vendor.
    For what you want to happen, someone would have to stock the goods in Aus., this means there would be additional charges like shipping, tax, currency conversion, etc.
    So your $15 "kit" just became closer to $20 after currency conversion, then add shipping & it's more like $30, you get the picture.
    This isn't even considering the time someone would need to put into packing, unpacking, sorting deliveries & so on, do you expect them to do all this work for free?
    eteach, nanokatz, Tara and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Oook no worries, just askin s'all
    Peace, YNWA
    Benj

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly

AVF Regular
    Plus I think different starter kits would suit different people so you can't really make a one size fits all kit. I think people just have to pick what they think is right for them and then tweak it to suit their style.

AVF Regular
    Most of the newbs ive seen posting these days are looking for 50w boxes and sub ohm tanks.
    eteach, JV321 and gsdl like this.

AVF Regular
    I know the poster means well, but I think as already suggested it can end up being very problematic. As a forum the best we can do is offer new comers our thoughts, opinions and advice if they wish to ask for it. Because if they have found the forum and joined then they are already off to a good start.

And as suggested above vaping (like a great deal of subjective things) is personal, needs and budgets are different, what works for one person may be a waste on another. But that said if you have gear you started off with that's no longer of much use to your needs it makes a great PIF gift to someone starting out.

Hack they don't even have to be a forum member in my mind, I've given a quite a few bits myself to people who are not (well they may be on the forum now, I have no idea) a member of the forum. Though I do tell them about the forum and that it's a great place to learn or ask for support if it's wanted/needed.
    Vaporific and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Things we need in a Starter Kit;

1. Two eGo Twist type Batteries, (1100 mAh or better)
    2. One eGo type Charger with AU type Wall Adapter
    3. Two clero's
    4. One box of five replacement coils
    5. One Empty Needle Bottle
    6. One carry Case for it all
    7. A bunch of save links to OS Nic juice sources
    8. A How To Manual

If we can do all that for less than $65, (less than One & a half packets of tobacco), it would give a noob a good safe start.

Also if it doesn't stick;
    1. They are not so much out of pocket.
    2. They would be inclined to hang on to the kit, & try again latter.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Things we need in a Starter Kit;

1. Two eGo Twist type Batteries, (1100 mAh or better)
    2. One eGo type Charger with AU type Wall Adapter
    3. Two clero's
    4. One box of five replacement coils
    5. One Empty Needle Bottle
    6. One carry Case for it all
    7. A bunch of save links to OS Nic juice sources
    8. A How To Manual

If we can do all that for less than $65, (less than One & a half packets of tobacco), it would give a noob a good safe start.

Also if it doesn't stick;
    1. They are not so much out of pocket.
    2. They would be inclined to hang on to the kit, & try again latter.
    I wrote this a while ago but the items are still relevant to newbies as a starter kit(some items may be discontinued but can be substituted with similar):
    Noes List !
    Fatman and Snidely_Whiplash like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Yeah, there's a few places here in Australia that do starter kits exactly like that suggested above. You can get one just like that for under $60 and they also include a bottle of juice to start you off. Aspire kits start around $75.

So as I said not really so much a need for the forum to offer it as local Aussie vendors already offer starter kits, just a matter of pointing newbies in the right direction so they don't get ripped on a kit like this for $100-$200 bucks. Which is pretty much what happens now via advice from members isn't it? lol

The folks who have bought a heap of stuff at the wrong places have normally done so before coming to a vaping forum.
    gsdl likes this.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I wrote this a while ago but the items are still relevant to newbies as a starter kit(some items may be discontinued but can be substituted with similar):
    Noes List !
    Forgot about your list, Doh.

(Sent from my not so kickass PC, also using keyboard & fingers)
    Noe likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast