Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: MVP 3.0 VS Aspire Elite Kit?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

MVP 3.0 VS Aspire Elite Kit?

Hey All,
    I'm looking at upgrading from the Kangertech EMOW. It's been treating me well, really well actually.
    But, I can't help but feel like I need something more.
    I'm tossing up between the Innokin MVP 3.0 with a kanger sub tank, or the Aspire Elite Kit - 50w CF MAXX + Atlantis MEGA Tank.
    Just after thoughts or recommendations. Cheers

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Kanger Sub tank mini + Eleaf Istick 50w Or better - Sigelei 50w (because of the replaceable 18650 batts). The MVP 3.0 is also a good choice but a bit more expensive than the Istick, the Istick has a higher MAH rated batt & is rounded rather than squarish, the Sigelei is a little more expensive than a MVP 3.0 but should outlive the MVP or Istick due to the batts being replaceable.

ST mini is a great atty, you can see my review of it here: SubTank Mini review

Here's my review of the big brother of the Sigelei 50w, the 100W plus: Sigelei 100W plus Box Mod Review
    Last edited by Noe; 25-04-15 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added additional info
    trojan and Borgus like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I have the MVP3.0, i planned to buy the iStick 50W, but the day i went to Steamers they only had pink ones left....so....

Yes it is more expensive than the iStick, but id argue, having seen both its better made, it doesnt look like something you'd get at a chinese $2 shop

By the time the batteries die in the MVP, you will have moved on to another box mod

The only thing i think you could measure them against each other is:

MVP3.0
    ======
    Watts: 30W (never used mine above 22W - with sweet juices, like RY4 (my all day vape which has a caramel flavouring) im at between 14-19W on a 0.9Ohm coil as it will gunk the coil and wick at higher watts quicker - as it is i change the wick every 3 or 4 days. Other liquids ive taken to 22W on a subohm (0.5) coil) But thats just me, a newbie
    Size: 4" x 1-3/4" x 7/8"
    Battery: 3800mAh
    Price: $90

iStick 50W
    =========
    Watts: 50W
    Size: 3-1/4" x 1-3/4" x 7/8"
    Battery: 4400mAh
    Price: $75

The iStick is smaller, by 3/4 of an inch (height wise), has a slightly bigger battery and costs $15 less, so nothing wrong there

The size may be important to you, in full disclosure i have another thread lamenting the inability to find a way to carry my MVP around, though i have found a belt case for it thanks to another member

Up to you, i got painted into the corner by pink iSticks, so i would have been happy with one, but im equally happy with my MVP3.0, hasnt missed a beat
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 26-04-15 at 01:02 AM.
    Borgus likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular

MVP 3.0 VS Aspire Elite Kit?

Istick vs mvp 3.0
    4400 mAh vs 3800 mAh
    Down to .2 vs down to .4 ( if you ever plan to drip )

Istick is smaller, has a larger vape range and is cheaper
    Mvp has external charging which pretty useless? (IN MY OPINION, I DON'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME ONE OF MY DEVICES WENT FLAT OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE, DO NOT TAKE THIS AS "MISINFORMATION")

I've had my istick 50w for 3 weeks now, vape my subtank mini at 25w, my rda's at .5-.6 at 40-50w and I have charged it three times ( go through almost 10ml a day)
    I can't fault the istick, but if I had the extra money and brain power at the time I would have gotten the sigelei (possibly 100w)

But between the 2 you listed, hard for me to say, there is quite a price difference between them
    Last edited by Filfa; 26-04-15 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Just for you Stylemessiah xoxo
    Borgus likes this.
    CompLyfe or no lyfe.

AVF Regular
    The way both my subtanks are seeping juice out the last 2 weeks, I could never recommend them to any one again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Kanger Sub tank mini + Eleaf Istick 50w Or better - Sigelei 50w (because of the replaceable 18650 batts). The MVP 3.0 is also a good choice but a bit more expensive than the Istick, the Istick has a higher MAH rated batt & is rounded rather than squarish, the Sigelei is a little more expensive than a MVP 3.0 but should outlive the MVP or Istick due to the batts being replaceable.

ST mini is a great atty, you can see my review of it here: SubTank Mini review

Here's my review of the big brother of the Sigelei 50w, the 100W plus: Sigelei 100W plus Box Mod Review

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Filfa View Post
    Mvp has external charging which pretty useless?
    Explain to me how its useless?

Works for me...

Lets not spread misinformation

Oh and the added bonus....if my phone or any other usb powered device runs out of power i can pull the inbuilt micro usb cable out of the bottom use the MVP as a powerbank for a quick charge, or for any device which doesnt use the micro usb, plug its usb cable straight into the full size usb socket....anything but useless
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    The way both my subtanks are seeping juice out the last 2 weeks, I could never recommend them to any one again.
    Oh, ive been there....mine (Subtank Mini) leaked like a sieve right out the box, and even after having the seals changed

To top it off, if you think they leak bad at average altitude, try taking them to 700-900m above sea level like i do with my tanks each week....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 26-04-15 at 10:10 PM.

Handy shopping links:

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    My Subtank Mini has never leaked with either the supplied 1.2ohm OCC coil or the RBA(with my own coil build) head installed & I use relatively thinner juices (70/30PG/VG).
    I don't own a Subtank, the Mini however was/is a joy to use & was even leak-less on an international flight, with the AFC set to open on the 2nd setting (2 holes), I did this specifically to test how leaky it was.

The Subtank is now superseded by the Subtank Plus, which has some significant changes over the Subtank.
    Perhaps Kanger found out the Subtank leak issue & altered the design to compensate?
    The Subtank Plus is much more like the Subtank Mini, which makes sense to me because the Mini is a better design than the Subtank, now it seems the main difference between the Plus & the Mini is the juice capacity.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks all,
    Ideally I'd like a Sigelei 100w+, but by the time I add batteries, a charger etc etc to it all, it gets a bit expensive.
    I'm not too fussed about all the extra cables on the MVP, but in saying that, they could come in handy.
    The size of the eleaf 50 is a big plus, especially for sneaky vapes at work, but I'm a bit put off by reviews likening it to having a $2 shop feel.

Noe
    If what you really want is the Sigelei 100W plus, then what I would do is put off the purchase for a couple of weeks or so & save some extra to get what you wanted.
    What you have now is working for you, from what you told us in the 1st post, so delaying the purchase isn't going to put you at risk of going back to smoking.
    I have some very good other devices & since getting the Sigelei, it is all I have been using, even my mech mods are benched.

A good charger can be had for around $20-$25 & will serve you for many years, for a good budget charger I recommend the JetBeam I4 Interlicharger, it's the same one I have been using for near on 3yrs now or the Nitecore I4, which is the same charger in a different housing but has the ability to only charge 1x 26650 at a time (the JetBeam can charge 2 at the same time). Both can charge Li-Ion, Ni -Mh, Ni -Cad, all in various sizes, I got mine on Ebay for under $20 delivered, the price may have gone up a little due to inflation but it is still the best budget priced charger IMO.

For Batteries, Ideally for a dual battery device, you will want 2 sets of batteries, one that is in the device & 1 that can be on charge or resting & ready to go.
    ALWAYS use the same 2 batteries in a pair, in a dual battery device & never use them in any other device individually - this is important for safety reasons.
    You can get away with having 1 pair of batteries, initially to save a bit on costs, since you have a back up device already & can use it while charging the batteries for the Sigelei.
    I recommend a pair of Samsung INR18650 25R's, which will more than cope with the Sigelei's 100w output & will last around 5 days before needing a charge, if used at or below 20W, these will cost $20 or less for the pair.

So the total cost, of the Sig 100W+, ST mini, Batts & charger, is not much more expensive than the Aspire Elite Kit you mentioned, perhaps $30 - $40 more.
    One thing I have found by experience with vaping for 4yrs, is trying to save a few $ by cheaping out & buying a "compromise" instead of what I really want, always ends up costing me more. Because eventually I will end up buying the other device(s) anyway, so now to save $, I buy what I really want, rather than the "compromise" & I get to enjoy my vaping more.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast