Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By disley

Thread: New to vaping and have a question

New to vaping and have a question

Hope this is the right place for this. Mods, please let me know if it needs to go somewhere else.

I'm looking for a starter kit that's somewhere between "cheap Chinese junk" and "holy shitballs that's expensive". Found this Bud Touch kit which has good reviews - and was wondering if it's a good ecig for the price, and how dependable this brand is. What do you think? Thanks a lot.

AVF Regular
    Can't offer much advice on the kit you have linked to myself, but just for starters what kind of budget range are you looking at. And do you want decent capacity or want something small (does size even matter to you). There's all sorts of other things that can be asked but even just a idea of budget range and what kind of size set-up your after would make it better to advise.

I myself would try to find something that is easy to use, that is fairly reliable and gives a decent amount of flavour Vs vapour. I think too many people try cheap junk or the wrong kind of set-up for themselves and this leads to a negative vaping experience, the better you can enjoy it the more success you will have in quitting the coffin nails.

But as an idea, if your after cheap and compact I'd look at a quality VV/VW ego style battery with maybe a CE5/CE6+ or Evod type atomiser. If you want better I'd look at a iStick 30w or a Smok M65 (if you want a user changeable battery) and maybe a decent aspire tank. These kind of mods will allow most types of vaping and a wide range of atomiser choices right through to dripping and sub-ohm use.

Can always move on more from there but a good mod will still be of use later too so will never be money wasted.
    Last edited by Dalork; 26-04-15 at 02:16 PM.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    Did a quick search on Alibaba (Chinese e-commerce site, generally sells in bulk for really cheap) and found those or similar on there very, very cheap so I'd say they fit into the "cheap chinese junk" category.
    Here
    Here too
    Although... I guess it could be a clone of it? But I have my doubts

Are you after something like a cig-a-like? or do you just want to quit smoking?
    How much do you deem "Holy shitballs that's expensive"?
    What kind of budget do you have?

Heaps of people here will be willing and able to help you out C:

What Dalork said above, the more you enjoy it the more successful in quitting you'll be.
    Last edited by Filfa; 26-04-15 at 02:17 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Forget the bud touch kit, it's gimmicky & won't satisfy your cravings well.
    Have a look at these 2 threads, this one will give you an idea of what kind of gear you will need ( it's a bit old but there are similar products available if these aren't: Noes List !
    The next will give you an idea of how much juice you will need to replace the cancer sticks: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

If you still need help after reading those, which you probably will, post & ask for advice
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Follow these instuctions
    Go here ----------------------> STARTER KITS - Vapeking
    buy one
    Go to an OS ejuice/vape gear supplier, buy your juice, (many different flavours and suppliers to choose from, try pre-mix first then move onto diy)
    await arrival
    setup gear
    vape your heart out
    enjoy
    quit smoking
    enjoy the flavours and the harm reduction
    worked for almost everyone else here.......

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    Bud Touch kit
    Are you taking the piss?
    Nedkelly likes this.

AVF Regular
    Seriously did you purposely go out to find the most fucked up kit ever created. You just want it because it accepts Cbd cartridges containing -Rich Hemp Oil

AVF Regular
    Think you need to update the first post on your Noes list Noe. Its a bit 2012. Gotta keep up with the times.
    Both your links for kits are no longer in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Forget the bud touch kit, it's gimmicky & won't satisfy your cravings well.
    Have a look at these 2 threads, this one will give you an idea of what kind of gear you will need ( it's a bit old but there are similar products available if these aren't: Noes List !
    The next will give you an idea of how much juice you will need to replace the cancer sticks: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

If you still need help after reading those, which you probably will, post & ask for advice

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wombraider View Post
    Found this Bud Touch kit
    Looking at the page I see:

New Bud Touch E-liquid Vaporizer & Stylus Starter kit Set Fully Compatible with O Pen & Hempvap Cbd refills & Cartridges
    Now, the fact that it claims to be able to vaporize both e-Juice and hemp oil well is IMO suspicious. There are good e-Juice vaporizers, and good hemp oil vaporizers, and they are two entirely different products (and the good hemp vaporizers are typically quite expensive).

This unit, selling for 'just under $24' would be a waste of ..just under $24.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Not even going to touch this one, the mention of hemp oil i think says it all....
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17