Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Worn 510 thread on mods - Are they replaceable?/Fatman likes to dress like a gimp

Worn 510 thread on mods - Are they replaceable?/Fatman likes to dress like a gimp

It hasn't happened to me yet, but with the current box mods, is there anyone with the ability to replace the mod female thread if it gets worn/stripped. I realize that a person could just replace their mod, BUT what if you love it to death and don't want to buy a new one?
    Last edited by giruvian; 01-05-15 at 10:29 PM.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hi dirtygirl

Strange name, and I have to confess, its the reason I am responding!! Anyway, It would have to be a very special mod these days to want repairing as opposed to replacing. Short answer yes, most of these connections can be replaced but realistically its not worth the time and effort. Assuming you can find anybody, the postage cost alone will eat your lunch.Then there is the issue of actually sourcing the correct connection. A lot of times its possible to fit a run of the mill generic connection but the time spent adapting the mod makes it not cost effective. Then there is the issue of Australia post and Lithium batteries. Lets not even go there!!

I suggest you start saving for a new mod to have as back up when your beloved passes its use by date. Good luck in your quest!!
    Fatman, Browny, Dalork and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    If your worried by that kind of thing just always use an adaptor like a 510 to 510 so if you damage the thread your just only damaging the adaptor. There are places that sell them for like $1-$5

https://www.fasttech.com/product/156...or-e-cigarette

What Robray says is the main point though, besides nothing lasts forever. If it's a mod with any kind of electronics (except a pure mech mod) they will die at some point. Mind you that said there's lots of mods you can buy replacement parts for, even the main boards.

If that sort of thing is of concern, buy some spares if you can and love that mod to death. Even cheap mods like the Vamo's you can buy new boards and parts.
    Last edited by Dalork; 01-05-15 at 04:14 PM.
    Robray, Fatman and Browny like this.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Hi dirtygirl

Strange name, and I have to confess, its the reason I am responding!! Anyway, It would have to be a very special mod these days to want repairing as opposed to replacing. Short answer yes, most of these connections can be replaced but realistically its not worth the time and effort. Assuming you can find anybody, the postage cost alone will eat your lunch.Then there is the issue of actually sourcing the correct connection. A lot of times its possible to fit a run of the mill generic connection but the time spent adapting the mod makes it not cost effective. Then there is the issue of Australia post and Lithium batteries. Lets not even go there!!

I suggest you start saving for a new mod to have as back up when your beloved passes its use by date. Good luck in your quest!!
    I was purely curious if this could be an option as I hate to be wasteful! But thanks for the answers!

And as for the name... It comes from my 4x4 forum where I am know to be the dirty puddle basher, I am known for not being afraid of getting dirty in the slightest....
    And the innuendos are fitting to my personality also... HAHA *naughty naughty*
    Robray and Dalork like this.

AVF Regular
    /me lurks quietly to see if the direction this thread is going warrants subscribing....
    sc_rufctr and Dalork like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    HAHA *naughty naughty*
    Welcome, you will fit right in!! As has been mentioned, these days run of the mill mods are just about disposable. If you have one that you feel you might need to resurrect at some point, start trying to source what you think is going to die. Even if you dont buy, you will have some idea where to head for when it happens. Then you have the issue of finding somebody close at hand to do the soldering!!

Best advice? Get a back up.
    Fatman and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Yeah, I am planning on grabbing a back up... looking into a few different options right now...
    And thank you for the welcome! I generally tend to fit in with the 'alternate crowd'... not a mainstream gal here!

AVF Regular
    My next forum username is already decided.
    Robray and Dalork like this.

you can't steal MY name!! haha I thought of it all on my own
    gityerowndangname!! (seriously... now I am curious Northerner...?)

ETA... the longer I wait, the more curious I get... haha
    Last edited by dirtygirl; 01-05-15 at 06:28 PM.

Depends on the mod also, something like the I-stick series look like they'd be a bit of a pain to replace the 510, some like my Cloupor looks like it wouldn't be too hard tbh (already considering upgrading it from adjustable 510 to spring loaded).
    If your mod does develop a 510 issue simply ask if someone can help, plenty of us in 'Melbourne'.

Best of luck though that it never eventuates.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast