Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nautilus Mini leakage issues - please help

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Nautilus Mini leakage issues - please help

hi all,

have had the mini Nautilus working well for the first 2 coils. using an istick 20w at around 3.8 wattts
    Now it keeps leaking, spitting juice in my mouth and into air holes.
    replaced coil 4 times now, clean clean, clean , used air compressor to blow dry.
    works ok for a few minutes only and then gurgles juice. not the nice crackle sound but the horrid gurgle sound. taste like Sh#t in the mouth.

local shop replaced my coil 5pack kindly but still no joy, im at a wits end.

the naut mini is still quite new and cared for ,could the base or post be stuffed? anyone had this issue?

all suggestions welcome and appreciated

cheers
    Guvna

AVF Regular
    BDC or BVC coils?
    If you're getting leakage out of the air holes, it would suggest that the o-ring on the coil isn't making a seal in the base - Is it screwed in firmly? (Could even try some teflon tape here to eliminate it being the cause)
    If you're getting gurgling onto the coil it would suggest that the chimney isn't sealing properly - Is the top cap screwed down firmly, nothing caught in the threads etc?

I've never had a hiccup with my nautilus mini personally
    Last edited by Nasha; 12-05-15 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    BDC or BVC coils?
    If you're getting leakage out of the air holes, it would suggest that the o-ring on the coil isn't making a seal in the base - Is it screwed in firmly? (Could even try some teflon tape here to eliminate it being the cause)
    If you're getting gurgling it would suggest that the chimney isn't sealing properly - Is the top cap screwed down firmly, nothing caught in the threads etc?

I've never had a hiccup with my nautilus mini personally
    Thanks Nasha,
    BVC and have checked and checked again the tightness, ie pliers. very tight but carefull not to overtighten and tear the o-ring.
    wasting so much juice with all the cleaning/reloading etc and still gurgles.....I just about need a ciggy

AVF Regular
    Yep I had problems with mine. I never really got to the bottom of it. Tried swapping coils all to no avail. I wonder whether the threads on the base are a smidgy misaligned. Not sure but it was a bugger cause it had great flavour.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvna View Post
    Thanks Nasha,
    BVC and have checked and checked again the tightness, ie pliers. very tight but carefull not to overtighten and tear the o-ring.
    wasting so much juice with all the cleaning/reloading etc and still gurgles.....I just about need a ciggy
    If I hadn't had a spare tank I probably would have gone back to cigarettes.

cheers for reply,

was your issue consistent with my issue described above? as you said the flavour 'was' great, but as unless I can find a fix I cant use it

AVF Regular
    Well the BVC's definitely don't wick as fast as the BDC's (IMO), so i doubt it's a wicking issue flooding your coil and leading to the gurgling etc...

I've never needed to get pliers involved, always finger tightened my coils. At the end of the day, it's either the bottom seal, or the chimney seal. Maybe there is a batch of bad ones out there that are fractions of a mm out and allow leakage through the threads.

I hope you get it sorted, because the naut is a great tank

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvna View Post
    cheers for reply,

was your issue consistent with my issue described above? as you said the flavour 'was' great, but as unless I can find a fix I cant use it
    Guvna, maybe pop in to your B&M store and see if they can't give you another Naut mini to try out whilst in store. Trial and error is going to be your saviour here

AVF Regular
    I ended up getting a silo lite tank, which has a similar airflow to the second biggest hole on the mini nautilus. It was as reliable as. It uses the non nautilus coils which are cheaper. I bought mine from Ben at house of vape. Such good service. It has never missed a beat.
    I think when a product becomes really popular really quickly quality sometimes suffer.
    Sorry I can't help you more.��
    jen and disley like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    I ended up getting a silo lite tank, which has a similar airflow to the second biggest hole on the mini nautilus. It was as reliable as. It uses the non nautilus coils which are cheaper. I bought mine from Ben at house of vape. Such good service. It has never missed a beat.
    I think when a product becomes really popular really quickly quality sometimes suffer.
    Sorry I can't help you more.��
    thanks nicoandlaughter,
    worth considering at this point, Can the silo light use the BVC coils leftover from my mini naut?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast