Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By bk_renesis
  • 1 Post By Northerner

Thread: Authentic modder taking the p!ss.

AVF Regular

Authentic modder taking the p!ss.

So for some time I wanted a Chi You. It costs an impressive amount for a relatively simple object, considering there are identical clones out there at a fraction of the price. I don't support cloning ethically so I waited and bought the real McCoy 2nd hand. I bought my shiny and was happy to have it.

So fast forward a few months...

The Chi You has a relatively bulky and complicated top cap and a nice flat cap would be ideal for the atomisers I use. How much for an authentic flat top cap I ask? $70 plus postage. For crying out bloody loud! That is a bloody rip off! There's no moving parts or intense engineering involved, there's no innovation, there's nothing that makes it special from any other top cap. It's just a bit of metal with a couple of threads and a pin.

The same thing can be had for $4 from the cloners... the exact same thing. Oh but it's not authentic! the elitists cry... Shouldn't Mojo support they guys who laid out $250US for an authentic mod? Something that costs $2 in materials and 10 minutes in machining should be appropriately priced to support their supporters in continued use of their gear? Or should they hit them with a ridiculously overpriced lump of metal that plays on peoples ethics?

So here's a big screw you to Mojo. I won't be buying anything second hand or new from you again. Pffft.
    steve.c, akef38, Hidden1 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    The "elitists" as you so call them actually shun mojo and his piece of shit gear.

You could have bought a satmod22 which comes with all bits needed for around $220 plus shipping. Function, aesthetics and engineering wise shits all over any other mech by a long mile. And it's proper elite gear.
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    I dunno which elitists you were talking about mate, I was talking about the authentic elitists... I should learn more about what it is to be elite (or should I avoid that?)

and I didn't pay $250 for the Chi You... that was just how much they were being pitched for.
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    So for some time I wanted a Chi You. It costs an impressive amount for a relatively simple object, considering there are identical clones out there at a fraction of the price. I don't support cloning ethically so I waited and bought the real McCoy 2nd hand. I bought my shiny and was happy to have it.

So fast forward a few months...

The Chi You has a relatively bulky and complicated top cap and a nice flat cap would be ideal for the atomisers I use. How much for an authentic flat top cap I ask? $70 plus postage. For crying out bloody loud! That is a bloody rip off! There's no moving parts or intense engineering involved, there's no innovation, there's nothing that makes it special from any other top cap. It's just a bit of metal with a couple of threads and a pin.

The same thing can be had for $4 from the cloners... the exact same thing. Oh but it's not authentic! the elitists cry... Shouldn't Mojo support they guys who laid out $250US for an authentic mod? Something that costs $2 in materials and 10 minutes in machining should be appropriately priced to support their supporters in continued use of their gear? Or should they hit them with a ridiculously overpriced lump of metal that plays on peoples ethics?

So here's a big screw you to Mojo. I won't be buying anything second hand or new from you again. Pffft.
    right about there ^^^ lol!