Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Nextgen Genesis Style RBA by Yeahsmo Review

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Nextgen Genesis Style RBA by Yeahsmo Review

I hadn't seen many new Genesis style atties on the market & when the Nextgen appeared I thought "I wouldn't mind trying that one".
    I got mine from GearBest.com, they have them listed for $12.99US, here Yeahsmo Nextgen RDA Style Stainless Steel Rebuildable RDA Atomizer-12.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com no coupon required.
    Gearbest shipped the Nextgen in its usual good packaging & it arrived undamaged, in its nice, sturdy, original box.

For those new to genesis, a basic run down of what genesis is:
    Genesis atties are flavor atties, when built right the flavor produced can be better than the flavor from the best flavor producing RDAs.
    Most genesis have a tank below the coil(s) & deck, although there are exceptions, the Nextgen is rather unique, in that the tank is both below & beside the deck.
    The wick is made of SS mesh, it is possible to use other wicking materials in most genesis style atties but doing so makes it something other than genesis style vaping, to be considered true genesis, SS mesh is required.
    Airflow is important in a genesis style atty, air needs to be directed at the wick, for best flavor & smoothness of vape.
    Having the airflow away from the wick will increase Throat Hit, it is possible in most genesis atties to vary the amount of TH by turning the AFC in varying amounts away from the wick, in the Nextgen, this is not possible, it is designed in a way that constantly has the airflow aligned with the wick.
    The mesh wick is usually fed into the tank & juice soaks the wick by capillary action, the Nextgen is a little different in this respect, although the capillary action remains the same.

Genesis is a type of atty that seems to be falling in popularity, with the advent of Subtanks & better RTAs becoming available.
    However, there is one advantage a genesis has over these types of tanks, that I think makes it still a very useful piece of kit - for those vapers that like NET juice, this is possibly the best type of atty for you!
    NET juices gunk up coils very fast, even some non -NETs gunk up coils quite fast, for these types of juices, the current Subtanks & RTAs using cotton aren't really ideal, this is where Genesis comes into its own. With the wick being made of SS mesh, it is easy to dry burn the gunk off & leave your wick looking like new, ready for the next tank of tasty NET juice.
    Dry burning a replaceable coil head filled with cotton, is a sure way to kill the head, likewise on an RTA gunked up cotton needs to be replaced & re-wicking is not as simple as a quick dry burn which saves time. Also a dry burn can be done "in the field", no tools or spares needed, replacing Subtank heads can be expensive, sure you can re-wick an RTA "in the field" but who wants to carry around a bunch of spare wick & tools?
    So for juices that gunk up coils, genesis is IMO the best solution for a tank atty.

The Nexgen parts & looks:
    The Nextgen has a nice look to it, all the parts are well machined & the threads are not at all crunchy.
    It has an AFC ring, which has 4 settings, I found on its most open setting it is still a tight draw.
    There is a glass tank section & a SS tank section, these are interchangeable, I did not use the SS section but I believe using it adds 0.5ml to the juice capacity, which is around 5ml.
    It looks good with either section on the atty but I prefer to see when the juice level is low & thus used the glass.
    It comes with spare o-rings for everywhere an o-ring is required, a spare negative screw, a spare positive nut, some nichrome or kanthal wire (I used my own), some SS mesh (enough to make 2 wicks), a rod for winding your mesh wick (you will need this) & a "Magic Blue Screwdriver", that seem to come with most clone atties from China.

The Drip Tip is a 2 piece design, the inner delrin unscrews from the outer SS part, it compliments the look of the atty fairly well.
    The top cap unscrews, revealing the inner workings of the Nextgen, there is an o-ring that sits between the AFC ring & the main body(remove that o-ring & keep it safe before removing the AFC), the main body is also, in part, the tank & for filling you need to remove the top cap then fill with any juice bottle with any type of drip tip, you could even fill using a bottle with a screw cap like on soft drink bottles.
    Remove the tank/body & there is an o-ring that sits between it & the glass or SS tank piece(this one will stay in place on the body), there is then the lower tank section & the "deck", which may still be screwed onto the body.
    The Deck is a small SS piece which screws into the body & the base, it sits in the center of the body, this may or may not be attached to the body when removing the body, if it is unscrew it.
    On the deck there is a negative screw & a positive pole with a nut at the top, this pole sits in a rather narrow channel & at the end of that channel is a screw head, which is where the positive meets the 510 of your mod.
    On the outer stem of the deck piece, there are 2 little holes, these allow juice to pass into the channel from the tank, in that channel you will place your wick.
    Finally there is the lower tank piece & the base, separated by an o-ring. The base is the negative that screws onto the 510 connection.

Building the wick & coil:
    This is a genesis style atty but it is fairly unique in design.
    It is a challenge to get a proper build onto, I have many genesis style atties with more than enough experience using them.
    I found it a challenge to build on, I can't imagine how difficult it would be for someone new to genesis.

You'll need patience, patience & more patience.
    The reward for your patience is a nice mouth to lung flavor atty, you won't be blowing clouds, even with the AFC set to its most open the draw is tight.
    One thing that sets this apart from most genesis is the centered wick, which means you don't have to tilt the tank towards the wick to vape like you do with most genesis or ensure the airholes are facing downward etc.
    Normally with a genny, you'd need to tile the pv towards the wick to vape or risk getting dry hits, not so with the Nextgen, I can tilt it in any direction & not get dry hits, since the wick is central, making it possibly the most user friendly genny to vape on.

Getting the wick made is also more difficult than most other genesis style atties too, the bottom section of wick needs to have less wraps around the pos post than the top section.
    So you need to cut a section of the mesh away & have a kind of L shaped piece of mesh when you start.

Instead of fully describing how to build the wick & coil for this atty, since it is quite involved, I found this video review of the Original Nextgen, which is pretty good at showing it off & how to rebuild the wick & coil, the guy is Greek, so his English isnt great but it's fairly easy to understand :

Conclusion:
    I do like this genesis atty but I think it could be better with more airflow.
    I think if this could be drilled out for more airflow, it might have better flavor.
    With the airflow so tight & the inner chamber so large, vapor has time to cling to the walls, diluting some of the flavor that should be there.
    I like that it doesn't need to be oriented (tilted) a certain way to vape on.
    I LOVE that it is leak proof!
    Most genesis atties leak & if they don't leak, they build up condensation in the top cap, which leaks when removed or when laying them on their side. Not so with the Nextgen, the way it is designed means there is no leaks, not when refilling & not when laying on its side & not during use, it is probably the most leak proof genesis available.
    Overall, I give it an 8/10, this would have been a solid 9/10 if the airflow wasn't so restrictive & allowed for better flavor.

Nextgen on the Stingray X clone in hybrid mode, in the hand:

Comparison for size VS the Lemo II:

Comparison for size on the SRX VS the Lemo II on the Sigelei 100w Plus:
    Last edited by Noe; 21-05-15 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added a pic I left out
    Imho, Tara, Dalork and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Genesis sux. their so outdated, only good for the antique vaper collectors imo.

AVF Regular
    I like it, I'm looking for a new gennie ATM. As far as I can tell the authentics are only available through a Facebook page at about $120GB. I was thinking about a MCR303 MkII, but this could be a better option.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Genesis sux. their so outdated, only good for the antique vaper collectors imo.
    Genesis doesn't suck, especially if you vape NET juices, they still have a place in MANY vaper's collections.
    When I vape NETs, which isn't all the time but I do vape them, a Genesis style atty is what I generally will use.
    davee, C'baoth and Tara like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by C'baoth View Post
    I like it, I'm looking for a new gennie ATM. As far as I can tell the authentics are only available through a Facebook page at about $120GB. I was thinking about a MCR303 MkII, but this could be a better option.
    Yeah the original isn't easy to get & even if you can get one it is quite pricey.
    At 1/10th the price & easy to get, it was worth trying this clone & I was very happily surprised by the quality of it.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    I've tried subtasks, Drippers etc.
    I still vape gennies exclusively, nothing beats the flavor & nothing goes as long between rebuilds - I typically get 2-3 months from coil & 6+ months from wicks vaping 5 - 7ml a day.

Thanks for this Noe, a leak proof gennie would be nice, may have to try the clone before I splash on the genuine.

AVF Regular
    Gennie's are great ancient things and I did enjoy using them back in the day but I honestly don't believe that it has a better flavor than the best flavor chasing rda's out there. No freakin way!!!... but that's subjective I suppose everyone is different.

AVF Regular
    Does Gearbest give you things to review
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aschzzz View Post
    lol 10 chars

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Aschzzz View Post
    Sometimes, see here for better clarity Eleaf Lemo II RTA Review, build guide & Goblin comparison
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast