Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Temp sensing for normal vapers at higher Ohms

AVF Regular

Temp sensing for normal vapers at higher Ohms

I just like a flavourful & reasonably dense vape but when temp sensing chips came out I thought they would be the way to go but everything I read about them they seem to be only for you abnormal lot that like making large to huge clouds. Us old people have delicate under performing lungs after a lifetime of smoking & we can't take to sub ohms.
    Will temp sensing be vapable for us old blokes? I didn't mention the girls because they can only vape pink mods at 1.8 Ohmms.
    The lowest I can vape is about .9 with the kayfun plus & rose clones, the .5 of the Kangor Subtank Mini was way too much for me even though I use lung hits the smallest air flow seemed too much even.
    What is the highest ohms you can use with temp sensing coils, I can make my own?
    Thanks all:-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I just like a flavourful & reasonably dense vape but when temp sensing chips came out I thought they would be the way to go but everything I read about them they seem to be only for you abnormal lot that like making large to huge clouds. Us old people have delicate under performing lungs after a lifetime of smoking & we can't take to sub ohms.
    Will temp sensing be vapable for us old blokes? I didn't mention the girls because they can only vape pink mods at 1.8 Ohmms.
    The lowest I can vape is about .9 with the kayfun plus & rose clones, the .5 of the Kangor Subtank Mini was way too much for me even though I use lung hits the smallest air flow seemed too much even.
    What is the highest ohms you can use with temp sensing coils, I can make my own?
    The ohms hardly matter. Temp sensing mods go down to around 1 or 2 watts. I'm sure you'd be able to vape at your desired speed. The hard part would be building and wicking nickel coils.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    When is Bogue going to start making TL carto's
    gtadmin, steve.c and rodbam like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    You can get temp coils for the nautilus mini and you dont blow big clouds you dont have to vape high watts

Nautilus Nickel BVC Coils - 0.3ohm Temperature Sensing Coils | VapourEyes
    Last edited by shanea1; 23-05-15 at 05:55 PM.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    You've got nothing to worry about Rod. Just like Vapetoomuch said, the hardest part is building and wicking the coil.
    Once you have a really good and stable build, you can just adjust the temp and wattage to your liking.

I built a 0.12 ohm using 28g ni200 on a 3mm drill bit 9-10 wraps, set the temp at 410F and wattage at 10 and being honest with you my silo with the 1.6ohm coil produce a bigger and denser clouds at the same wattage.

If you use Steam Engine and compare your kanthal build to your nickel build, the nickel comes as a colder vape at the same wattage.
    The flavour is slightly better with nickel.

The reason that i hardly use nickel is because I have OCD lol.
    Once I'm used to something I'm reluctant to change. In this case it is because i vape at 10W and i know with that wattage i need to change my battery every night after dinner, so if i use nickel to get the similar vape as kanthal as far as heat Flux is concern i have to put it up to 14W, somehow i just don't like seeing a different number once I'm used to something and also i will need to change the battery twice a day.

I thought I'm living a simple life by keeping everything the same day in day out, but my missus thinks otherwise, she would say I'm complicated :P

So go for it, you'll be fine.
    D1git, akef38 and rodbam like this.

AVF Regular
    I didn't mention the girls because they can only vape pink mods at 1.8 Ohmms.

Um what you said

Lucky I am rocking orange this week.

gtadmin, Fatman, steve.c and 3 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hey Rod, I am currently using my silo with TSCs at 0.04 ohms at 28watts on my SX Mini and there are no big clouds and I have COPD.....
    <---cop, Crisscross and rodbam like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs308hjute View Post
    Hey Rod, I am currently using my silo with TSCs at 0.04 ohms at 28watts on my SX Mini and there are no big clouds and I have COPD.....
    Rod We could fill this thread with pink vape gear pics if you like
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Thanks all:-) I was thinking that low Ohms means full on clouds of vapour so I can just turn the power down & vape normally, that's great.
    One more beginners question. Is temp sensing vaping any healthier than Kanthal vaping for a low power user like me. I normally vape at about 12w & that's with a .9 to 1.3ohm coils. The strange thing is I'm even vaping the Nautilus Mini 1.8 ohms at 12w as well. This doesn't seem to compute a.
    Gawd I just posted this & then saw the very manly posts from Chriss & the Mrs. I think at my power settings I might start buying pink gear:-)
    Last edited by rodbam; 23-05-15 at 06:18 PM.
    D1git, Crisscross, Midlife and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    LOl @ Rod, I usually vape at 8w, but with these new coils, I had to turn it up to 28 as there is no taste at 8. (I have no idea how to use the sx yet, but will learn)
    D1git and rodbam like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast