Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: UD Goblin fill port fix?

AVF Regular

UD Goblin fill port fix?

I love everything about the Goblin except the fill port. No matter how tight I screw the filler screw in, it still tends to weep. Now the star in the top of the screw is starting to strip from me over tightening it. Im afraid Ill have to stop using it unless someone has found a fix for it. I've tried putting a tiny oring in there but it seems there is just not enough clearance to fit one in.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I have a similar issue with the fill screw, tried tiny o-rings stolen out of a disposable lighter & that didn't work.
    I have seen teflon thread tape(AKA plumbers tape) mentioned as fixing the problem but I don't like that solution much.

My own idea is to grab a party or water balloon & see if I can make my own gasket to fit on that screw, if it works I think it's a better solution than the teflon tape idea.
    Danyel Geelong likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I have a similar issue with the fill screw, tried tiny o-rings stolen out of a disposable lighter & that didn't work.
    I have seen teflon thread tape(AKA plumbers tape) mentioned as fixing the problem but I don't like that solution much.

My own idea is to grab a party or water balloon & see if I can make my own gasket to fit on that screw, if it works I think it's a better solution than the teflon tape idea.
    I am a plumber by trade though not currently working in the industry, and yeah I dont think Id like to use teflon on it, too much stuffing around everytime one fills up, renewing the tape. The balloon idea sounds ok. I was thinking about a rubber plug of some description, but am afraid once I get one in, that I'll have trouble getting it back out.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    I had a leaky fill screw on a Kayfun light clone & used wax dental floss around near the head of the screw or you could make a small washer out of a disposable glove.
    Is the Goblin as good as they say Danyel? I would run it around 1 to 1.3 Ohms would that work with this tank or is it just for big clouds?
    Noe and Danyel Geelong like this.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I had a leaky fill screw on a Kayfun light clone & used wax dental floss around near the head of the screw or you could make a small washer out of a disposable glove.
    Is the Goblin as good as they say Danyel? I would run it around 1 to 1.3 Ohms would that work with this tank or is it just for big clouds?
    To get a 1.0-1.3 ohm coil in the Goblin you'd need to use thinner gauge wire than 26G, being dual coil you'll want something like 11/12 wraps using 28G or 7/8 wraps using 30G for a 1.1 ohm build, with 2.5mm inner dia on the coils.
    It'd be easier to achieve with the 30G Kanthal due to the Goblin's deck size.

I would say though that if you are used to using a KFL but looking for something better along the same lines with single coil, the Lemo II may suit you better, you can see my review of it here: Eleaf Lemo II RTA Review, build guide & Goblin comparison
    It would be easier to build on than the goblin & you could use thicker gauge wire with no trouble.

Both will blow clouds but both also give excellent flavor, they're not designed for cloud comps but they do produce a decent amount of fog.
    The pic below will give you an idea of how much fog the Lemo II with a 1.1 ohm coil can produce, pic is a little blurred, sorry about that.
    Pic is taken of just the lower chamber on the deck:
    Last edited by Noe; 31-05-15 at 11:18 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Noe
    Nylon screws may also be a fix for this problem Danyel, I've not tried to source any but I could see how they may seal better than metal on metal.
    I'll run with my balloon idea for now & see how that goes, a latex glove may also work to do the same thing
    Danyel Geelong likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    The Goblin should have an o-ring anyways in the fill port?
    (I say this cause mine is a bugger to fill unless I leave that in)

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    The Goblin should have an o-ring anyways in the fill port?
    (I say this cause mine is a bugger to fill unless I leave that in)
    I think they may have added that o-ring to later shipments, early shipments, the V1 & a lot of V1.2's didn't have an o-ring on the fill screw.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Thanks for that Noe & an excellent review I loved how you coiled & wicked the Lemo, if I get one I will give that a try. I can see what you mean by your pictures the Goblin build deck looks very tight with the two coils in it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Rod, nice idea re the dental floss, might give that a try.

So far as using the Goblin for tootle puffing, I cant comment, Ive only ever used it in the sub ohm range for lung draws.