Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Long time vaper, first time looking for serious hardware

Long time vaper, first time looking for serious hardware

Hi all!

I haven't been on here in a while or really looked into what's going on in the vaping world, but I can see a lot has changed!

I've been vaping for ages but I've been on fairly simple setups, for the past 6-12 months if not more I've had an eRoll and eRoll Mega charger. It's worked pretty well for me, it's simple and convenient which is basically what I've always been after when it comes to vaping.

But now I'm looking for something a little more serious, something that can produce a good amount of vapor and hit, I was thinking a box mod and a tank. All I really want is something that "just works", no leaks, no high maintanence, no rebuilding and no having to worry about batteries exploding. Currently I just replace eRoll batteries and buy 5 pack atties every 1-2 months and I've got a few packs five packs of tanks - if flavour starts to die out or batteries aren't lasting as long, replace atty and/or battery, easy. Not really any leaks and no real maintanence involved, just charge it over night, take my little box of filled up cartirdges and head out the door.

Can anyone reccomend a simple, durable, quality, good looking box mod set up that I can use while out and about in the city or while driving that will last a heavy vaper for a day? Again, something that doesn't leak or have problems and isn't overly complicated. Don't really know much about voltages or amps, again, just something simple or something I can just set to a setting and leave it alone. I'm no enthusiast, I just like vaping a lot more than pack a day smoking. Willing to spend maybe $200-$300 on a setup, I don't really know what a good setup costs.

Cheers!
    Last edited by sysrez; 02-06-15 at 09:27 PM.

Someone recently asked something similar. I replied there along with others. My recommendations should apply in your case too.

Have a read here:

Please help me choose an 'advanced beginners' setup for my 2nd quit attempt

Any modern gear from repuatable manufacturer will work well these days. It's going to come down to personal preference.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by sysrez View Post
    Hi all!

I haven't been on here in a while or really looked into what's going on in the vaping world, but I can see a lot has changed!

I've been vaping for ages but I've been on fairly simple setups, for the past 6-12 months if not more I've had an eRoll and eRoll Mega charger. It's worked pretty well for me, it's simple and convenient which is basically what I've always been after when it comes to vaping.

But now I'm looking for something a little more serious, something that can produce a good amount of vapor and hit, I was thinking a box mod and a tank. All I really want is something that "just works", no leaks, no high maintanence, no rebuilding and no having to worry about batteries exploding. Currently I just replace eRoll batteries and buy 5 pack atties every 1-2 months and I've got a few packs five packs of tanks - if flavour starts to die out or batteries aren't lasting as long, replace atty and/or battery, easy. Not really any leaks and no real maintanence involved, just charge it over night, take my little box of filled up cartirdges and head out the door.

Can anyone reccomend a simple, durable, quality, good looking box mod set up that I can use while out and about in the city or while driving that will last a heavy vaper for a day? Again, something that doesn't leak or have problems and isn't overly complicated. Don't really know much about voltages or amps, again, just something simple or something I can just set to a setting and leave it alone. I'm no enthusiast, I just like vaping a lot more than pack a day smoking. Willing to spend maybe $200-$300 on a setup, I don't really know what a good setup costs.

Cheers!
    sysrez
    If you can put your location in your profile, we can give you a heads up on your nearest vape shop !!!
    Then you can drop in, to have a chat with them
    Vaporific likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    sysrez
    If you can put your location in your profile, we can give you a heads up on your nearest vape shop !!!
    Then you can drop in, to have a chat with them
    Good plan! I'm in Sydney. Is there a lot of actual shops these days?
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    iStick may be a possibility 30w probably even the 50w with maybe an Aspire Atlantis ($100ish set up)? though of course generally the more you spend, the better quality your gear will be, with that budget you could almost fit a SX mini m-class and a tank in.
    The possibilities are endless

You said you want good vapor production, does sub ohm interest you?
    The higher up in price you go I have noticed you'll have to use 18650 batteries (Which is a good thing imo) as you can swap the batteries out of the mod and off you go again

The thread Hani linked you probably won't find many or any box mods as the OP said they don't want a box.
    Vaporific likes this.
    CompLyfe or no lyfe.

AVF Regular
    I'm in Sydney. Is there a lot of actual shops these days?
    Does a big one count for two? In fact, there is a vape meet scheduled at Steamers for this coming Saturday(1). It's a great opportunity to see mods and tanks & perhaps try a few as well (BYO drip tip)!

1. If you'd like to attend, add your name to the list on this post.
    Last edited by Vaporific; 02-06-15 at 10:56 PM.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Good plan! I'm in Sydney. Is there a lot of actual shops these days?
    Nope, but as luck would have it, there is one in Sydney : Steam-e-cigs | Home page

I would recommend an MVP3 or iStick 30or50W, with a pro tank 3 and sub tank mini, I have both and they are great setups!
    You should get a good starter setup for under $150 easy (unless your buying doubles as backups).

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I'll sell u a vapour shark Rdna 40 and wireless charger for $150 it's new used for a week has all the bells and whistles to get serious free express shipping I'm in Wollongong :-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nickv1980 View Post
    I'll sell u a vapour shark Rdna 40 and wireless charger for $150 it's new used for a week
    When someone offers a mod for sale less than a month after buying it, I always wonder ..why?

• Did not like the feel of it in the hand / feel of the button.
    • Bought half a dozen but found they could scrape by with just 5.
    • Got delivered the wrong color and the vendor supplied one in the correct color for free.
    • Absolutely hated it from the word go.
    shaitan667 likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    None of the above

If you really need to know mate I like higher wattage vaping and like the yihi temp control implementation on my IPv4 more so I don't use the rdna40 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast