Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Squape [R]eloaded and [R]s

AVF Regular
    Haha I know right! Nah Hovman looks after me. He makes sure all my orders are there next day so I have a reason to go into work :P
    Good news is if you hate it you know where to offload it. I'll never have enough squapes.
    jim2020 likes this.
    -Last Analogue-
    Thursday 24-04-2014 @ 4:00pm

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2020 View Post
    Sold everything but the kitchen sink to grab one of these from hov today (jk) I still have plenty of stuffs!

Kanthal build recommendations for the b deck?

It's all your fault diesel! I'm sure it will live up to the hype! kingy needs to send you some commish
    Here is mine Jim, 29G, 7 wraps on a 3mm, 1.73 ohm, poke the 4 holes lightly to make sure the wick is saturated, no dry hits at 25W.

I built a different one on the second R[s] yesterday, 28G, 6 wraps, spaced on 3mm, came to around 1.42 Ohm. Didn't take pic though. Had it vape with the 29G using same juice IMO the spaced gives better flavour.

Yet to build nickel on them, one day perhaps.

jim2020 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ok finally overkill tutorial is up. If you still get it wrong then send it to me to build. Just don't expect it back :P
    Sponky and hun113 like this.
    -Last Analogue-

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D13S3L View Post
    Ok finally overkill tutorial is up. If you still get it wrong then send it to me to build. Just don't expect it back :P
    Top tutorial Damsel, cheers for that bro.
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Attempting not to hijack,
    What are your thoughts on the Hana DNA40?

Paul
    There are better chipsets than the DNA40 starting to become available now, I'd look around before getting a DNA40.
    I have one and have no problems with it, but they're offering more options on the new chips.

AVF Regular
    I'm with you on that one Disley. Yihi for the win. I would own so many more mods right now if I never touched the sx mini.
    -Last Analogue-

AVF Regular
    Hey Diesel,

Top tutorial mate =)

I have run a few different builds in the squape I'm loving the Clapton 26g/32g kanthal build in there atm. Have also used twisted 26g kanthal. Nickel can be a pain with the fiddly positive pin but I just move it in or out a little until I get the correct reading. Then I can vape my nano tanks dry lol. I don't touch the w decks since the b decks arrived =)
    D13S3L likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thought i would post in here rather than my own thread. So i got a w deck from Damsel( forgive me if i spell it wrong) . After couple builds with w deck. I nearly gave up with it , saying to myself this is just another tank that doesnt work for me. But something about this tank draw a lot of my intention so I decided to give one last go with B deck . 26 g 7 spaced wraps 3mm and it has been amazing since. I have gone thru 3 tanks. Im not saying this may be the one for me but it is very close . Flavour is nearly as good as my mini haze. Not into the face flavor but it's satisfying me. I am waiting for the bell cap from Uk which can arrive anyday next week. I will post a picture later on. Cheers guys
    D13S3L likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nice work bro. Glad you got it rockin nicely now
    -Last Analogue-

AVF Regular
    I've been rocking the W deck for months. It's a top, solid performer. Not one single issue, it just worked flawlessly.

I was ready to chuck the B deck that came with my second squape after I had two tanks leak out through the air hole though.

A closer look revealed a tiny cotton bridge under the coil. My 8 turn 28G contact coil wasn't quite wide enough to space the cotton away from the chimney. After a bit of poking with a jewellers screwdriver I'm happy again.

The B deck will eventually get a spaced nickel build which should help keep the cotton away from the "leak hole". I fried my DNA30 board a week or two after bypassing the mechanical reverse polarity protection in my ZNA so I could use flat top VTC5s. Waiting on a DNA40 board to get it going again. Yes I'm an idiot but so are Evolve for not implementing reverse polarity protection. /rant

Back to the squape, how much power are people putting through their B decks? I use 80/20 VG/PG with Jap cotton and found the W deck sweet spot for me was about 15W. I can't go higher than 12W to test the B deck until I repair my ZNA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast