Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Squape [R]eloaded and [R]s

AVF Regular

Squape [R]eloaded and [R]s

Ok so I couldn't find a thread for the squape yet so thought I would start one up.
    Mainly doing this to throw up a tutorial on how I build my B deck as I have had a few requests and also seen people having issues with it.
    Having said that, this would be the spot for all discussions Squape related.

Mods could you please fix the title and change & with and
    Thanks
    Last edited by Fatman; 09-06-15 at 12:36 PM. Reason: fixing title
    ThrashR and Leesin like this.
    -Last Analogue-
    Thursday 24-04-2014 @ 4:00pm

AVF Regular

Squape [R]eloaded and [R]s

B Deck Nickel Build:
    Unfortunately I never took any photos but pretty straight forward.
    I used 28g nickel and 28g kanthal. Bust out the drill and start twisting until it snaps at one end or the other. Make sure though you keep an eye out as it may not snap on either end meanwhile the nickel is breaking in parts along the length of twisted k/n.
    Once that's ready give it a very light torching (and I mean very light or you will melt the nickel) just to take a. It of the spring out of it.
    3mm diameter 6 wraps spaced 1mm evenly and it comes out around 0.08 give or take (all depends on how much it's twisted).
    It's crucial to get those spaces as even as possible for the best consistency. Also every time you rewick make sure it's still spaced nicely and pull out the positive pin and clean.

B Deck Kanthal Build:
    26g
    3mm diameter
    8.5 wraps
    1.1-1.2ohms

Pretty straight forward coil. I have it sitting about 2mm from the air hole.

Now for wicking: Using 30/70 PG/VG so adjust accordingly (more VG poke juice holes more, more PG poke less).
    Cut a length of Japanese cotton around 8mm thick.

I cut mine slightly on an angle so I can find the perfect tension point and work from there.
    Pull each side of the cotton off so it's more fluffy.

Try to take just that thin layer off only.
    Now thread through as normal. Once you find the perfect tension trim down each side so it's around an inch long. Blue screwdriver touching the deck in pic for reference.

Now jam it all in there. I start with the side closest to where it comes out from the coil and work my way over (so basically right to left).

Make sure it's pushed down so the juice holes are covered completely.

Now juice it up till it's nice and drenched

Now that it's wet create a small gap between the cotton and the airhole all the way around to prevent a bridge for the juice to leak (she's gonna wick pretty hard so this is important or you're gonna wear it). See photo above.
    Now grab a piece of 26 or 28g and poke just a little bit inside each juice hole. Don't go too crazy or nothing will stop the leaking. (Sorry pic shows dry wick when doing this. Should have been wet first. Was 3am when I did this)

If done correctly you should nice after 10 seconds or so it will very slowly leak out from the juice holes

If it's pouring out then pack it down a bit and it will solve the problem. If nothing comes out poke it a bit more.
    And now you're done.

Never a dry hit, never a wet pocket, just a bloody good squapin!

Edit: once you're using it the wick will never be as drenched as shown above. Only did that so there was plenty to drain through and make sure it was flowing ok.
    Last edited by D13S3L; 09-06-15 at 07:56 PM.
    ThrashR, jim2020, disley and 1 others like this.
    -Last Analogue-

not the neatest coil but anyways...
    Twisted 30g nickel, 9 wraps, 3mm ID, resting resistance .23
    Probably the most consistent build I have done in nickel in the squape so far, this will sit at about 440 degrees at 30 watts flawlessly, unlike the untwisted builds which seem to fly around too much in resistance. Hana DNA40 mod I have isn't the Atty lock version

kanthal build is fairly similar, 30g twisted, 1.2ohms, the only change is it's not a spaced coil

AVF Regular
    Attempting not to hijack,
    What are your thoughts on the Hana DNA40?

Paul
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Attempting not to hijack,
    What are your thoughts on the Hana DNA40?

Paul
    I love it. Solidly built, good size. V4D so it's the dual 18650, keeps me going for ages. Really can't fault it at all.
    Wish these were sold locally so I could justify a second one for my Taifun GT2 that will arrive soon
    Big Kahuna likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just to hijack my own thread, wonder if a co op can be ran for Hana stuff. I've been eying them off for a while but the shipping is what puts me off.

Now back to the squape. Have you tried a twisted kanthal and nickel build? I found straight nickel was really inconsistent in the squape. I believe it due to the positive pin.

P.s build tutorial coming soon. Work has been crazy today so no chance. Pictures ready though
    -Last Analogue-

Quote Originally Posted by D13S3L View Post
    Now back to the squape. Have you tried a twisted kanthal and nickel build? I found straight nickel was really inconsistent in the squape. I believe it due to the positive pin.
    Not yet, on my things to try list. But if you have some pics I would like to know the final resistance and what you hit them at
    But having said that I don't think I can hit the Ohms I want with 30g Nickel/30g Kanthal twisted (maybe it won't matter though??).
    I'm always attempting to get around .10 to .20 which has been great in my N22 dripper so far with a dual straight coil

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D13S3L View Post
    Just to hijack my own thread, wonder if a co op can be ran for Hana stuff. I've been eying them off for a while but the shipping is what puts me off.

P.s build tutorial coming soon. Work has been crazy today so no chance. Pictures ready though
    Hana co-op sounds good diesel I second that idea

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashR View Post
    Not yet, on my things to try list. But if you have some pics I would like to know the final resistance and what you hit them at
    But having said that I don't think I can hit the Ohms I want with 30g Nickel/30g Kanthal twisted (maybe it won't matter though??).
    I'm always attempting to get around .10 to .20 which has been great in my N22 dripper so far with a dual straight coil
    I'm just about to grab a feed then I'll search through my photos and find one of the twisted build. Pretty sure I've taken a pic of it. Then I'll finally upload this build in the second post.

Quote Originally Posted by the vaporizer View Post
    Hana co-op sounds good diesel I second that idea
    The fun part is finding someone who will run it...
    I miss doing co ops but atm I'm struggling to find time to rebuild my coils and make up juice let alone fill my PayPal with other ppls cashola and bail off to the Solomon Islands. Wait I mean order Hana mods. :P
    -Last Analogue-

AVF Regular
    Sold everything but the kitchen sink to grab one of these from hov today (jk) I still have plenty of stuffs!

Kanthal build recommendations for the b deck?

It's all your fault diesel! I'm sure it will live up to the hype! kingy needs to send you some commish

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast