Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Silo Tank base connection pin - aaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh !!!!!

AVF Regular

Silo Tank base connection pin - aaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh !!!!!

So I was cleaning out the inside of the base of my full size Silo Tank with a cotton Qtip this afternoon. I must've pushed a little bit too hard because the next thing you know the little battery connection pin pops out from the tiny rubber grommet in the base and falls straight down the bloody kitchen sink drain doesn't it.

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh

I've searched across the net, including on the Beyond Vapes website, but I can't seem to find anyone who carries spare parts for the Silo Tanks.

So this is probably a bit of a long shot, but does anyone out there have a full size Silo Tank base laying around doing nothing they'd be willing to sell me?

Or does anyone have any idea on a suitable replacement base connection pin that would fit?

AVF Regular
    Can't just look in the S bend of the sink? Might get lucky
    Nicaholic likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Aspire sell a replacement pin for it's Nauties, & it may be compatible, (or not).
    Failin' that, try a "House of Hybrids 510 Kabuki Tank"
    Only $130 with P&H ... go on, we need someone to go first !?!

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the thought Rotten but unfortunately I had the water running reasonably hard into the sink at the time and so she'll be long long gone..
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nicaholic. I believe the aero tank airflow base is the same pin. I have the aero mega that kingy gave me do you want me to send over.
    Littleraf and Nicaholic like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Nicaholic. I believe the aero tank airflow base is the same pin. I have the aero mega that kingy gave me do you want me to send over.
    Thank you for this very kind offer XX I'll get back to you shortly as I may have a solution offered by another very kind member via PM.

(I'm intrigued as to how you discovered the areo tank and the Silo have the same connector pin though )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Aspire sell a replacement pin for it's Nauties, & it may be compatible, (or not).
    I may have a solution offered by yet another of the kind members here Snidely but if it doesn't pan out I'll pull a connector pin out of one of my Naut's and test to see if it fits/works.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicaholic View Post
    Thank you for this very kind offer XX I'll get back to you shortly as I may have a solution offered by another very kind member via PM.

(I'm intrigued as to how you discovered the areo tank and the Silo have the same connector pin though )
    I looked at lots of pins when I was making my clearomizer and adapters. The pin is the one from the airflow base and that bit is the same.
    Fatman and Nicaholic like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I have a spare nautilus if you want, will be the same, if not, the nautilus base can be used in the place of the Silo base, works perfectly. Willing to send it out to you if all you don't find a solution.
    Crisscross, Fatman and Nicaholic like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I have a spare nautilus if you want, will be the same, if not, the nautilus base can be used in the place of the Silo base, works perfectly. Willing to send it out to you if all you don't find a solution.
    WoW CCVaper, that's such a generous offer but one which I wouldn't dream of taking you up on.

All I need is a small connector pin probably worth about 20 cents and I get offers of full complete tanks from both yourself and XX !!!!!!!

Just bloody bloody unreal you guys are and it's THIS type of generosity and willingness to help out others that makes this place so rewarding and uplifting to me you know!!

Now, I hope she doesn't mind me saying this here as she PM'd me rather than post in the thread, but 'jen' contacted me via PM and offered to PIF me the base from a broken Silo Lite tank she has if I wanted it. I pulled out the connector pin from one of my own Silo Lite tanks that are in my daily rotation of tanks and yep its the same size connector pin.

I have PM'd her back accepting her very kind offer so it looks like problem solved.

Thanks heaps to jen, CCvaper and XX. You guys, and many others here in this community, absolutely ROCK !!!!!!!

Crisscross, Littleraf and CCVaper like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast