Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Me Mod fails

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Albany WA
    Posts
    170

    Me Mod fails

    Hi all haven't posted for a while but have a concern. When I was concerned about vapeagedan I decided that the best plan would be to purchase tube bateries and rda's. I purchased K1000 X2 slug x1 Tank crossing X1 Chi you clone X1 Micro Stick X1. They have all failed me. (Except for the stick which is more miss than hit).
    Have I missed something? Should I be performing some sort of sacrificial ritual to some vape god I am yet to hear about? I don't get it. A tube, battery, coil. What can go wrong with that? Anyway thanks for listening, maybe one of you guys know something I don't.

    Regards Neil.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by pippo View Post
    … A tube, battery, coil. What can go wrong with that? …
    Hmmm... A shite load of electrical potential in a small package, a conducting tube and a coil that might short.. Am I wrong in thinking that if you cannot name at least a few things that might go wrong with that combo., then maybe you are better off (or at least safer) using regulated mods?

    Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in
    .

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gympie Queensland
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by pippo View Post
    Hi all haven't posted for a while but have a concern. When I was concerned about vapeagedan I decided that the best plan would be to purchase tube bateries and rda's. I purchased K1000 X2 slug x1 Tank crossing X1 Chi you clone X1 Micro Stick X1. They have all failed me. (Except for the stick which is more miss than hit).
    Have I missed something? Should I be performing some sort of sacrificial ritual to some vape god I am yet to hear about? I don't get it. A tube, battery, coil. What can go wrong with that? Anyway thanks for listening, maybe one of you guys know something I don't.

    Regards Neil.
    Every thing under the sun that has moving parts or carries electrical current needs some form or regular maintenance and sometimes minor repairs, unfortunately vapegear is no different, China has a habit of bulding in weak links in the chain, so often those mods need a mod or an upgrade of a part to be properly reliable, it's usually a simple fix though.,
    pippo and Fatman like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Posts
    2,298
    sacrificial ritual
    Have you sacrificed a Big Pharma Corporate Psychopath ?
    If Not ... do so immediately !?!
    pippo, Fatman, CCVaper and 3 others like this.

    I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

    Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid



  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    1,089
    Tube mechs should be assembled in the correct order to ensure a good connection. Check atty with ohm checker to make sure there is no shorts-- unscrew top cap and bottom switch-- screw atty into top--tighten up positive pin to make connection with atty--screw top onto tube--insert suitable battery--screw bottom switch on till tight--vape. Can't say for sure about the Tank mod, though a few here have mentioned something about the switch being spasmodic, ive read about some sort of connection grease or something you can put on them but don't really know, i may be able to know more when my Cherry Bomb clone arrives and have a closer look and see how they work as they are essentially the same mod.
    *I Use Clones*

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Albany WA
    Posts
    170
    Thanks for the advice . Was hoping mec mods would be simple. Did not even consider maintenance. Odviously nothing is as simple as a pack of Winney Blues.
    studiovape likes this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bingil Bay, QLD
    Posts
    3,313
    I dunno pippo...

    Mine always perfectly and easily. Perhaps you aren't choosing the best gear for what you want? Saving pennies often costs more in the end.

    Buy better quality (second hand if needed) and avoid clones. Try and get an MCR, Super-T or GP mod for total tube reliability and minimal maintenance. Same with rebuildable atomisers. Don't shirk it... buy the real McCoy and reap the benefits. Rose, Kayfun, Hellfire, Magma... Don't buy "latest hot product" china crap and you won't experience the associated problems.
    pippo and Kaoself like this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    493
    Same. The only issues I have ever had with mechs is cheap magnets needing replacing to keep proper button action, and side fire buttons needing periodic cleaning.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NE Victoria
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

    Buy better quality (second hand if needed) and avoid clones. Try and get an MCR, Super-T or GP mod for total tube reliability and minimal maintenance. Same with rebuildable atomisers. Don't shirk it... buy the real McCoy and reap the benefits. Rose, Kayfun, Hellfire, Magma... Don't buy "latest hot product" china crap and you won't experience the associated problems.
    This!

    Buy some good quality trusted products and they'll last you years. As long as you dont go buying the latest fad every month you'll save a bucket.
    Fatman likes this.

    $3642 Spent on Vaping

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Marrickville NSW
    Posts
    2,949

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:25 PM.