Question Dovpo gx-200 voltage readings

Hey all,

I've got a Dovpo gx-200 and it just doesn't seem to be able to get the voltage readings right!?! Batteries fresh out of charger tested @ 4.2 V and the stupid thing tells me they're @ 4.16V!! Also I've noticed something weird same tank when I use my HE2's it read 4.13V (tested @ 4.2V) and under load read about 3.98V seemed reasonable to me for a .5 ohm coil when I put in my 25R's read 4.16V (again tested @ 4.2V) but under load read 3.91V??? That doesn't make sense to me..... Any of it!! I thought the 25R's were meant to handle better than the HE2's?? I'm not sure about what this means does it mean that the 25R's are pulling more or less power? Both sets of batteries are same age from same vendor though I've used the 25R's less than the HE2's. The voltage drop in the 25R's also seems to be bigger than the HE2's and from my research and readings and all that jazz shouldn't it be the other way round due to internal imdependence ratings (I think I've got that right.... Not new to batteries but still "newish" to mech mods and the way all that works.)

Can someone help explain this to me (I would like as much detail/technical info as possible, I'm not new to all this but this one has me confused!)

Also no matter what combination of batteries I use (always same type obviously) they seem to discharge at different rates this is the only dual battery mech mod I have so I'm unfamiliar as to why this might be?

Cheers in advance

Edit: can't seem to get consistent readings I'm starting to suspect the mod might be a bit "off/dodgy" not the batteries.... Did get it from FT if memory serves so yea...... Got it a fair while ago so can't be sure but it was DEFINITELY one of "those" sites. Question still stands though, the voltage under load is definitely lower on the 25R's....

Edit 2: Again can't get consistent readings now they seem similar/very close..... Really starting to frustrate me that I can't seem to work this out!
    Last edited by Joraoul; 10-06-15 at 08:12 PM.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    The GX-200 is probably accurate

If your charger is telling you 4.2v it is telling you a white lie.
    Most stop at 4.125v for safety, charging a battery to anything over 4.2v is dangerous.

The HE2 may catch up at a lower % charge, there is very little real world difference between the R25 & HE2.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

I tested the batteries on 2 different multimeters(one cheap the other very not cheap) both read 4.2 so that's why I'm confused. I trust a multimeter over a charger or a mod to be honest ;-)

Ok so out of pure curiosity I'm using the USB charger on the mod.... NEVER used the USB charger on any mod before but with a charger taste of 800 mah it's not far off an external charger so I'll see what it reads when the mod says the batteries are charged. Should be interesting?

I'm still very curious about the voltage readings under load and exactly what that means, if the battery is at 4.2 but when under load it's at 3.8 which number should I be using for ohms law calcs to work out the discharge current and wattage? Not sure why this has only occurred to me now???

AVF Regular
    Just charged mine with usb, LG batteries, took batts out and they read 4.20 and 4.21 put them back in Dovpo and it reads 4.17. Looks like we have both been stitched, LOL. Still a good mod. mallee00

SOOOO frustrating!! Agreed still great mod just wish it would fire above that 4.16 ish mark still waiting on mine to charge I got the 25R's in if I remember correctly. Actually I should prolly get of my ass and check it LOL!

HAH! Omg it stopped charging for god knows what reason I've been sitting here browsing the forum waiting and it wasn't bloody charging!!! By the way how can you tell when it's finished? Couldn't find it in the manual.

Apparently my USB charger won't charge them past 4.1 8 and only reads 4.14..... Gah took the batts out put them in a real charger and we'll see what happens..... see

To be real honest don't really understand why it has dual batteries???

Ok charged to 4.2045 (pulled out my top end multimeter ) read 4.16 for 3 short drags dropped to 4.13..... I give up!
    Last edited by Joraoul; 10-06-15 at 11:29 PM.

AVF Regular
    You get CH on the screen while its charging, goes blank when full charged. mallee00

Yea ok, it went blank then showed 4.14 tested it and was about 4.16-7 so I'm going back to my never use USB charges for mod where you can remove the battery! LOL!

Ok so yea this is a really late post on a dead/ended thread but I think I worked out why the readings are like that, it's the safety feature of the GX-200 it has a max output of 20A so if you got batteries with high amp ratings in it it's only going to show the account of voltage that the mod can put out. Haven't tested this theory yet but I got some new lower amp batteries for the higher mah rating for it (not for this test bought them coz it's a waste of high amp batteries in it) and will see if when I put them in if it still reads of coz I noticed that as the voltage dropped the readings on the mod got ALOT closer to the readings on my multimeter. Hence where this theory has come from. Even though this threads pretty dead I'll post results just incase someone's having the same issue and looking for an answer (assuming I get one lol).