Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Returned to vaping, what no comets!

Returned to vaping, what no comets!

Recently returned to vaping and tried to get the good ole Comet clearomizers with out any luck.

Took a gamble and Just placed an order for a kanger mini tank due to reading some good reviews about the tank as well as an and an ipv4 100W Mod.

haven't vaped for about 1.5 years, all i remember about the kanga tanks back then "is that they where a pile of crap".

Any thoughts about better clearomizers would be appreciated, as it seems things have changed over time, hoping that the sub ohm vape is much better than the old trusty Comet.

Cheers.

Super Moderator
    A common replacement for the Comet is an EVOD (eGo threaded but) ... my daughter still uses these for fuss free vaping
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    Recently returned to vaping and tried to get the good ole Comet clearomizers with out any luck.

Took a gamble and Just placed an order for a kanger mini tank due to reading some good reviews about the tank as well as an and an ipv4 100W Mod.

haven't vaped for about 1.5 years, all i remember about the kanga tanks back then "is that they where a pile of crap".

Any thoughts about better clearomizers would be appreciated, as it seems things have changed over time, hoping that the sub ohm vape is much better than the old trusty Comet.

Cheers.
    You'll be amazed at the changes to vaping gear in the last 18 months.
    You're in for a treat.
    The kangar mini subtank is ok, so is the Delta II.
    If you can build coils the Lemo 2 is another great performer.
    Enjoy the progress.

AVF Regular
    Oh no! I am recently returning as well, last night I found 2 comets in my old gear.
    Now I have to find a heavenly juice of the gods to fill them, and savour the moment.
    Can you run a mini subtank on an ego battery?
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Vaper View Post
    Oh no! I am recently returning as well, last night I found 2 comets in my old gear.
    Now I have to find a heavenly juice of the gods to fill them, and savour the moment.
    I doubt it would fire.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Now ordered a Smok TCT tank from house of vape after watching you-tube reviews, hanging out for the gear to arrive.
    Hope this sub ohm vaping is a huge improvement over my previous gear.

the clouds coming from these things look impressive.
    Last edited by nirvana; 17-06-15 at 04:37 PM.

AVF Regular
    Remember t keep an eye on your nic content. This new gear vaporises Eliquid much more efficiently and you need to reduce you mg/ml
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Remember t keep an eye on your nic content. This new gear vaporises Eliquid much more efficiently and you need to reduce you mg/ml
    Not true, it is a common misconception.

Yes the new subohm tanks do "drink juice" faster but that doesn't mean you need to drop your nic strength.
    I still use the same 24mg/ml I was using in comets in my subohm gear, the difference is I take less puffs & have more free time with my hands not holding a PV, with the same amount of liquid consumption as I had with the Comets, just delivered more efficiently.

All dropping your nic strength does, is cause you to inhale more liquid to get the same effect, nicotine is not the problem in ejuice, flavors are the main risk component & by inhaling greater volume of e-liquid you are adding to your own risk.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks for the heads up, usually vap around 5mg, but upped it to 25mg due to needing the feel and throat hit.
    will reduce the nic when trying the new gear.

do these coils need cleaning when new or will dry burning ruin the cotton wicks ?

can they run on 100% VG ?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Vaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I doubt it would fire.
    Using a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm replacement head, yes you could, it will fire but it will look ugly & be top heavy, it won't feel very good to hold because of that.
    Not recommended but it can be done.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast