Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My Introduction to Dripping

AVF Regular
    Try an extra wrap and make sure the screws are nice and tight. It doesn't like loose connections. While it reads it as .05 when it goes to apply voltage and gets a funky reading or the resistance doesn't change like it should it'll have a hissy fit.

Dropping out of VT mode while yes it's an issue, it's not too bad if your ohms are below .15 as VW mode won't fire it so no burnt hit there.

Edit: wait what? The VT read .08 as 0.5? Definitely check the connections to get .5 on 28g ni wire you'll need like 73 wraps
    Last edited by Littleraf; 30-06-15 at 06:12 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    Try an extra wrap and make sure the screws are nice and tight. It doesn't like loose connections. While it reads it as .05 when it goes to apply voltage and gets a funky reading or the resistance doesn't change like it should it'll have a hissy fit.

Dropping out of VT mode while yes it's an issue, it's not too bad if your ohms are below .15 as VW mode won't fire it so no burnt hit there.

Edit: wait what? The VT read .08 as 0.5? Definitely check the connections to get .5 on 28g ni wire you'll need like 73 wraps
    Yeah, think I was getting 0.05 and 0.5 all mixed up. Without putting it back on I think it read 0.05 on the eVic. Might pull one side of and see what that does.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Been a few days now having the kanthal build working nice. A strange thing, one juice I had that was OK, nothing great tastes pretty awesome in the dripper and I'm liking it now.

Also I managed to get the nickel build going but gave up as it meant using my eVic which normally has a GCT with ni coil in it, unlocking resistance changing this changing that and I can't be bothered changing it. I guess that means I need another eVic which I wouldn't mind at all, not sure which colour but not the orange like I have already. Will depend on what colour a copper RTA looks good on.

Seen some titanium wire getting into local stores and might go that path instead of persisting with the nickel. Might be easier to work with.

Still waiting for ti CLR coils for the Mega
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Thats probably also because you have given it a few days to break in rather than having a few vapes and changing it?

I dunno. I just love the lethal. Even though I have other RDA's that might be a tiny bit better for flavour I still prefer the lethal.
    There is just something about the way it vapes and also, it doesn't have the annoyances that others do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456