Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LimeB

Thread: Kanger genitank - can't get the coil out, top of AFC section came apart.

AVF Regular

Kanger genitank - can't get the coil out, top of AFC section came apart.

Was cleaning this tank, and the very thin top section of the AFC section unscrewed instead of just above it where you normally unscrew it to change the coil.

I can't get it undone, there is not much to grip. The old coil is still in there. The bit I need to unscrew has a side profile of about 1 mm. The only thing to grip on the bottom is the thread that srews it into the AFC section, so don't want to grip that with pliers or the like. Anyone had and solved this problem?
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Was cleaning this tank, and the very thin top section of the AFC section unscrewed instead of just above it where you normally unscrew it to change the coil.

I can't get it undone, there is not much to grip. The old coil is still in there. The bit I need to unscrew has a side profile of about 1 mm. The only thing to grip on the bottom is the thread that srews it into the AFC section, so don't want to grip that with pliers or the like. Anyone had and solved this problem?
    If the coil is dead. Pull the pin out and also the tiny grey insulator then use the hole left by the pin to either use tweezers and put in tightly. Then turn them to unscrew the coil. Or small needle nose pliers in the hole.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 18-06-15 at 06:48 AM.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I shall try that thanks XX. See what I have that can grip in that little hole.