Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joyetech eVic-VT - "Ni Protection" warning w/ my subtank and ni200 coil

kjf
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Joyetech eVic-VT - "Ni Protection" warning w/ my subtank and ni200 coil

Hi everyone,

The other day I received my eVic VT from HOV. I'm using a subtank with ni200 coils.

Here are my settings:

230-250 degrees C
    30W
    0.13 ohm locked (it started as 0.15? but yesterday it has gone down to 0.13)

Sometimes when I vape it will ramp down after about one second and the screen will say PROTECTION in place of the temperature and I'll hardly get any vapour. Sometimes I can take a long 5+ second draw with no issues and tons of vapour. The former happens far more often than the latter.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there something wrong with my setup?

Also I'm not very pleased with the quality of the fire button and the knob on top. Feels very cheap. $30 clone levels of cheap.

AVF Regular
    I use the same set up - Evic-VT with subtank mini & Ni OCC coils.

The resistance change is fairly common with Ni OCC coils - in my case it started at .13 and went down to .12 for the first coil and started at .15 and went down to .13 for the second.

I wouldn't say anything is actually wrong with your setup but i would bump the temp up maybe 5 or degrees especially if you chain vape. If the coil doesn't have time to cool down the of course you'll hit protection pretty much straight away.

My settings just for reference at the moment are:

0.13ohm coil locked
    36.5 watts
    265C

Another thing to consider is how many watts you have it set to. The higher the setting the quicker it will reach the temp.

As far as the button and jog wheel go i don't have an issue with how it feels but i guess that's personal preference. It certainly feels better than the button on my 50W.

AVF Regular
    When I use temp control with nickel or titanium coils I will leave the watt settings at their maximum of 60w. This way it heats up quickly and then the device controls the temperature from the point it reaches the set maximum. Running 30 watts with a 0.13 coil I doubt it would reach temperature and that may be giving you the almost non existent vape. These settings are giving you a voltage of 1.97 volts, way too low. Also why it is taking a second or so to maybe reach temp. Crank it up and set it to 60 watts in TC and give it a whirl. I don't see why you would decrease it.

Happy with the feel of the buttons on mine.
    Last edited by Cams; 25-06-15 at 11:13 AM.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    With those settings mine reaches temp without issue mate. And is a nice warm (warm enough for me) vape. Vapour production is consistent and adequate for me as well. I'm a mouth to lung puffer so that may have something to do with it.

AVF Regular
    Have you tried running 60 watts Littleraf? With TC higher watts should not make any difference except in how quickly it reaches temp. Of course running it too low might see it never reach temp.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Have you tried running 60 watts Littleraf? With TC higher watts should not make any difference except in how quickly it reaches temp. Of course running it too low might see it never reach temp.
    Yeah I have and it made very little difference to the vape so I run lower in watts to extend battery life even if only by a small amount.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I have been testing temp control over the last week and I find it a bit strange.

It's like a rev limiter for your 1000hp car (0.1ohm) to stop you blowing your engine (coil). But if you drive normally on a 500hp engine (0.5 ohm coil) you don't need it anyway.
    I guess it's good if you don't want to suck hard to keep the coil temp down but as a lung hitter this is a non issue for me.

I am finding the same thing as the OP though and the mighty google has said that if you take out the battery and go through the coil calibration again it stops that weird half way drop off.
    It has only done it a couple times to me but it seems like a bug in the chipset.
    Last edited by Darth_Vaper; 25-06-15 at 11:48 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    Yeah I have and it made very little difference to the vape so I run lower in watts to extend battery life even if only by a small amount.
    Do you think it does help battery life? Lately I am only getting a day and a bit out of a full charge, 2 days would have been nicer.

AVF Regular
    Do you think it does help battery life? Lately I am only getting a day and a bit out of a full charge, 2 days would have been nicer.
    I personally do think it helps a little. I normally get 2 days out of a charge but as always vaping style and how much you vape as well as if you use it Power mode and play with setting ect.. will make a difference. That and it could just be in my head.

AVF Regular
    I've noticed the battery doesn't last as long, like it did when new, not that it's old, but I seem to lose charge faster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast