Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: EVIC VT 60W MOD Help needed from other owners ( so frustrated with temp mode )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Well there you go. I have been wondering for a while now whether these reports of this happening have been related to a coil or connection not behaving as the eVic thinks it should.

What are your ti coils for? I've only seen them for the mega tanks so far as the eVic is the only ti device. And BTW the ti and ni coils for the mega are crap, juice ports are way to small which reduces flavour massively. Met a guy yesterday who removed the coil and cotton, drilled out the ports and refitted. Ran like a beast after that.

I'm waiting for the CLR rebuildable ti coils for the mega, but I might try drilling one out as well.
    I build my own titanium coils in a Lemo 2 and they work perfectly in the evic.
    So I don't understand what this post is about.
    It works on any atty with Ti, Ni and kanthal.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    I build my own titanium coils in a Lemo 2 and they work perfectly in the evic.
    So I don't understand what this post is about.
    It works on any atty with Ti, Ni and kanthal.
    Joyetech ego one mega ti and ni coils are crap. Doesn't apply to you disley as your build your own in a Lemo. The ni coils in my GCT work nicely on the eVic.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Joyetech ego one mega ti and ni coils are crap. Doesn't apply to you disley as your build your own in a Lemo. The ni coils in my GCT work nicely on the eVic.
    Do the Ti coils work in the GCT?
    I was hoping they did, as I wasn't sure I'd get it to work in the Lemo.
    The evic mod makes all the difference, it works out the resistance which other Temp control mods don't do.
    I was disappointed in titanium until I got the evic.
    Now it's my favourite wire.

AVF Regular
    The ni coils I use are the Smok ni coils for GCT and VCT
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Watched the video. 0.54 ohm for Ni or Ti would be a huuuuuuuge amount of wraps, Ni especially, you sure its a Ti coil?

Edit : Nevermind
    Last edited by richo262; 29-06-15 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Read the rest of the thread
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    You can also get ni and Ti coils for the delta II. They're like the normal kanthal ones with juice flow control on them too.

Dis FYI HoV have both ni and Ti delta II coils in stock.

I was using the kanger ni coils and was disappointed with the vape so built a ni coil in the rba only have 26g so it's low ohm 7 wraps .06ohms and now it's rocking @ 220C.
    disley likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Whenever I build a ~0.06 ohm on my STMini it goes into bullshit mode and tells me atomiser too low. I have to fiddle with it, take it off, then back on, then off, repeat until the thing stops being a *****.

I've also found with 28g Ni200, I'm actually getting quite a blackened coil and tastes a bit off after a while. I'm a little concerned by my eVic-VT.

Resorted to 28g, 8 wrap, 3mm, 0.09 ohm and having less trouble with it. 3mm diameter, perhaps too much cotton for it to wick happily?

AVF Regular
    To start with I've been using 26 gauge Titanium to make single strand coils.
    I have 28g which I could twist two strands together, I'll give it a go next time I make new coils.
    I dropped to a 2.5mm I.D using the kuro coiler mandrel, making closely spaced coils, I can easily fit 9 wrap coils in the Lemo 2.
    My problem with the 3mm I.D coil was not enough wraps, 3 or 4 wraps didn't give a big enough spread of heated metal to get the amount of vapour I wanted.
    The bamboo rayon makes wicking so much easier because the fibers are all facing in the same direction and silky smooth, it doesn't bunch up as sometimes happens with cotton.

AVF Regular
    2000 puffs on the evic, works out at 200 a day.
    I doubt I use it 50% of the time, the other 10 devices get plenty of use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123