Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danyel Geelong

Thread: OBS T-VCT & Incontinence!

AVF Regular

OBS T-VCT & Incontinence!

Ok, so I've been using the above titled tank, for a month or so now, and while I love the vape it produces, it does have one thumbs down for me. That is, if I don't fill her up right, she will dump her load all over my mod. To counter this, Ive found that by only filling her to just below the top of the glass section, it is least likely to empty itself. Today though, after filling it and being careful not to go above the top of the glass, it decided to dump its load anyway. So frustrating! I'm following all of the manufacturers instructions for filling and using a fairly heavy juice as well. Anyway, now I'm thinking that after every refill, and before opening the juice control, I am going to vape it, like 4 or 5 decent pulls or until I can notice the grey matter thinning out, before I open the juice control and see if this will help the incontinence problem. I am interested in hearing from anyone else who is using this tank, have you had similar problems and, if so, how do you manage with it? Cheers!
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    I had issues with mine as well.
    I got on to the manufacturer and have since been sent another free of charge - along with the RBA head.
    It's still early days with the new one, but so far no dumps and I'm filling it right to the top.
    My personal feeling is that it's the coils rather than a pressure loss from the tank - don't ask me why, as on my problem unit it would work without issue until the coil was changed and then continually dump as soon as it was filled. Fitting another coil would rectify the problem. From what I could tell, I wasn't doing anything different from one coil to the next.
    It's annoying and if it didn't do it, it would be my perfect tank.
    Fingers crossed that my replacement tank behaves itself.

On another note, the manufacturer told me that he had only 1 other case of the liquid dumping reported and that was from a user in the UK. Might be worth you contacting them and letting them know, so that further investigation can be made and maybe they can eliminate this from happening on future products.

AVF Regular
    I've had the opposite with wicking issues I'm running 50/50 and have to take it easy on my pulls as it doesn't keep up and I'm not going over the top at all on chain vaping I have pricked holes in the cotton and helped a bit just get to many flavourless hits ! Juice control wide open also

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dojrude View Post
    On another note, the manufacturer told me that he had only 1 other case of the liquid dumping reported and that was from a user in the UK. Might be worth you contacting them and letting them know, so that further investigation can be made and maybe they can eliminate this from happening on future products.
    I think I will contact them after hearing about yours, thanks. One question, did you have to send your original back to them?
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by slystu View Post
    I've had the opposite with wicking issues I'm running 50/50 and have to take it easy on my pulls as it doesn't keep up and I'm not going over the top at all on chain vaping I have pricked holes in the cotton and helped a bit just get to many flavourless hits ! Juice control wide open also
    Surprised to hear this. I've used some really heavily flavoured juices, one of which is 100% VG and didn't have any wicking issue. Possibly just because mine is prone to leaking though
    slystu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyel Geelong View Post
    I think I will contact them after hearing about yours, thanks. One question, did you have to send your original back to them?
    No, I still have the original, but it's of no use.
    I contacted OBS directly and they followed up with who I purchased it from and then they arranged for the replacement to be sent out from the original place of purchase.

AVF Regular
    i dont know mine works flawlessly.

i had to push the juice control fins in a little bit, so there is a tiny bit of friction with you rotate it.
    before i could pull big clouds with 90vg with the juice almost off due to the gap

AVF Regular
    Hoof I took your advice and tightend the fins a little, so far so good, no incontinence, woohoo! I did however end up having an opposing problem, the dreaded dry hit. My stock coil's cotton crapped out and so with no spares, it was time to get creative and rebuild the stock. Ended up making a 3 strand 26G twisted kanthal, 5 spaced wraps @ 3mm, dialling in at .65ohm. Breaking it in with unflavoured as I type. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i dont know mine works flawlessly.

i had to push the juice control fins in a little bit, so there is a tiny bit of friction with you rotate it.
    before i could pull big clouds with 90vg with the juice almost off due to the gap